Saturday, December 27, 2003
Ah, Christmas! It was good for the first time in a long time. Perhaps low expectations are the way to go... STBX bought me TWO gifts. He was sure to show me one of them wrapped and ready under the tree a few days before Christmas. I suppose this was his passive-aggressive attempt to lure me into buying him something, since I now have no reason to be in the giving mood. I fell for it. I bought him a couple of things "from the kids", as I had always planned (he's still their dad, after all), but I felt I had to buy him something from me, too. So I bought him a Chia Homer Simpson. He actually loved it. He's quite excited to bring it to work and set it up on his desk. The man can't even take an insult.
He's out drinking again tonight. Of course, right? When else do I have time to blog? He went out last night, too. He called around to all his friends and they all ditched him, but much to my chagrin, he went anyway. Alone. But no drinking problem there, nosiree. He came home at 3:30am (this is becoming a habit) and sat naked in the kitchen eating potato chips. He left a helluva mess, which is funny because he's a neat freak and regularly screams obscenities at the kids when they leave similar messes. This, too, is becoming a habit.
So he's out now with Friend #3, who ditched him last night in favor of net porn and late night TV. Tomorrow we're supposed to be going to breakfast; it was a former family tradition to get up and go to breakfast, hitting the restaurants before the church crowd overwhelmed them. But it diminished over time because he was more and more often sleeping off a bender on Sunday morning, and then my new job had me in the store at 9am on Sundays. But no work tomorrow, so we've "planned" to go to breakfast. I put that word in quotes because I have serious doubts it will happen. Living with an alcoholic can do that to you.
He's out drinking again tonight. Of course, right? When else do I have time to blog? He went out last night, too. He called around to all his friends and they all ditched him, but much to my chagrin, he went anyway. Alone. But no drinking problem there, nosiree. He came home at 3:30am (this is becoming a habit) and sat naked in the kitchen eating potato chips. He left a helluva mess, which is funny because he's a neat freak and regularly screams obscenities at the kids when they leave similar messes. This, too, is becoming a habit.
So he's out now with Friend #3, who ditched him last night in favor of net porn and late night TV. Tomorrow we're supposed to be going to breakfast; it was a former family tradition to get up and go to breakfast, hitting the restaurants before the church crowd overwhelmed them. But it diminished over time because he was more and more often sleeping off a bender on Sunday morning, and then my new job had me in the store at 9am on Sundays. But no work tomorrow, so we've "planned" to go to breakfast. I put that word in quotes because I have serious doubts it will happen. Living with an alcoholic can do that to you.
Comments:
Post a Comment