<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 02, 2004

So it comes to this... he emailed me this afternoon to inform me that I have been dropped from his insurance. No, no, the divorce hasn't been filed yet, but this was IMPORTANT, right? It'll save him $200 a month!!

A short time later he emailed me to inform me that our bank account had gone too low to cover the rent checks and the car insurance that's due to be taken out Very Very Soon. And, not inconsequentially, that is MY fault. My fault because I went to the grocery store today. I hadn't been in a week, and we were out of pull-ups and milk. I bought nothing frivolous (OK, that's not true: I bought a box of hair color, shame on me!!). But how dare I buy FOOD?? Because of course this past weekend, he spent 2 nights out at the bars, in addition to a lengthy night out at a restaurant and bar with Some Strange Woman. But that's different: those bills were IMPORTANT.

And then upon arrival at home he delivered to me the divorce papers. This is mostly not a surprise. We started the paperwork online. But all this in one day has me thrown.

That and the fact that I'm still recovering from some Wicked Nasty stomach virus, and all I want to do is climb in bed and be 4 years old again.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?