Saturday, March 06, 2004
Actual conversation this evening with STBX, who had just returned from the salon with a new haircut:
He: Could you do me a favor?
She: [gives cautiously curious look]
He: Before I go out tonight, could you... [pauses, embarrassed] shave my back for me?
She: [disgusted sigh]
He: So, how do you like my hair?
She: You mean the hair on your back?
In other news, I am about to enter the forbidden zone: SYT has invited me to his place tomorrow. *sigh* Others have tried to convince me this is a ploy to get me alone and get my clothes on the floor, but I have serious doubts. During our last class time, he messed up a recipe we were working on for our final next week. The centerpiece we need was ruined. He felt terrible. "Don't worry, we'll have time to do it again sometime this week.", I assured him. He asked me what my schedule was like over the weekend, and then went to ask Dee (our other lab partner) for hers. He came back and asked if I could come to his apartment after work on Sunday to redo the centerpiece. [Well hell yeah, baby.] See, what my optimistic friends don't realize is, SYT is hyper-focused on this final. I mean as in: 'wave your hands in front of his face and he doesn't see you' kind of focused. I believe he really wants to work on the centerpiece. The boy just dropped $100 at Home Depot for supplies to build a backdrop for our table. [Have I mentioned I like a man who's good with his hands?] But hey, Dee's health has been inconsistent lately, and her family is pissy about babysitting, so maybe she'll have to leave early. And should that happen, I have to make sure I shave tonight. ...aaaaaall the way up. I really wanted to go shopping and buy a new bra/underwear, but I had neither the time nor the energy. After STBX leaves tonight, I'm sure I'll spend an hour trying on clothes to see what looks best. I don't believe SYT has every seen me out of uniform, so I have to make a splash.
Remnants from bizarre dreams last night:
* I was browsing a news article that rated area restaurants. Among the highest rated were places called "That Place" (located conveniently on Place Road), "Here" (on Here Avenue), and the cafeteria at Coca-Cola. [?????]
* STBX and I got into a heated argument over finances. He was intensely angry with me for having ordered something from "lacypanties.com". "You don't need to be wasting MY money on that shit!!" "You mean I should have to be OK with you paying for other women's drinks and dinners, but I can't spend $3.50 on a pair of PANTIES????" [would now be a good time to mention that I HATE the word 'panties'?]
He: Could you do me a favor?
She: [gives cautiously curious look]
He: Before I go out tonight, could you... [pauses, embarrassed] shave my back for me?
She: [disgusted sigh]
He: So, how do you like my hair?
She: You mean the hair on your back?
In other news, I am about to enter the forbidden zone: SYT has invited me to his place tomorrow. *sigh* Others have tried to convince me this is a ploy to get me alone and get my clothes on the floor, but I have serious doubts. During our last class time, he messed up a recipe we were working on for our final next week. The centerpiece we need was ruined. He felt terrible. "Don't worry, we'll have time to do it again sometime this week.", I assured him. He asked me what my schedule was like over the weekend, and then went to ask Dee (our other lab partner) for hers. He came back and asked if I could come to his apartment after work on Sunday to redo the centerpiece. [Well hell yeah, baby.] See, what my optimistic friends don't realize is, SYT is hyper-focused on this final. I mean as in: 'wave your hands in front of his face and he doesn't see you' kind of focused. I believe he really wants to work on the centerpiece. The boy just dropped $100 at Home Depot for supplies to build a backdrop for our table. [Have I mentioned I like a man who's good with his hands?] But hey, Dee's health has been inconsistent lately, and her family is pissy about babysitting, so maybe she'll have to leave early. And should that happen, I have to make sure I shave tonight. ...aaaaaall the way up. I really wanted to go shopping and buy a new bra/underwear, but I had neither the time nor the energy. After STBX leaves tonight, I'm sure I'll spend an hour trying on clothes to see what looks best. I don't believe SYT has every seen me out of uniform, so I have to make a splash.
Remnants from bizarre dreams last night:
* I was browsing a news article that rated area restaurants. Among the highest rated were places called "That Place" (located conveniently on Place Road), "Here" (on Here Avenue), and the cafeteria at Coca-Cola. [?????]
* STBX and I got into a heated argument over finances. He was intensely angry with me for having ordered something from "lacypanties.com". "You don't need to be wasting MY money on that shit!!" "You mean I should have to be OK with you paying for other women's drinks and dinners, but I can't spend $3.50 on a pair of PANTIES????" [would now be a good time to mention that I HATE the word 'panties'?]
Comments:
Post a Comment