<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 09, 2004

Apparently the theme of the week is power. Tonight at the restaurant we had just begun to clean up after a long night, a few of us were plating a few of the last desserts to go out, and the power went out. The interior of a school building is not really the most ideal place to be at night when the power goes out, nor would I recommend standing in a kitchen full of hot ovens and no fans. We had to "do our best" to finish the desserts in the dark and clean the kitchen. What fun. I heard someone in the hall say the patrons were starting to panic, which is funny because theirs was probably the most brightly lit room in the building, what with all the tables with candles on them. The room probably wasn't much darker than it had been when the power was on! Naturally, the power had to come back on just moments before our teacher was about to let us go home without finishing up. I'm freaking exhausted. I had the morning off and it wasn't enough. The good news is I'm down 3 lbs. since last week. Too busy to eat much, I guess.

Still no word from Cyber Biker. I guess he either changed his mind or is busy "meeting" someone else. Cest la vie, I suppose.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?