Wednesday, April 07, 2004
"Blog! Blog!" cried the masses. And so she blogged.
There has been little of any consequence to happen this week, outside of my insanely busy schedule. Today, I worked from 7-10am, went to class, came home for lunch/blog and then I'm off to the country club from 1(ish) to 8(ish). They're crazy-busy preparing for their big Easter Sunday Brunch. I couldn't start working on the week of Flag Day, after all.
When I arrived home last night, bedraggled and exhausted STBX was on the couch eating chips (the chips I bought for DD to bring to school in her lunch). He got up and moved to the computer, where he had an array of work files open. After a few minutes, he turned to me and sighed loudly, sarcastically proclaiming, "I LOVE work!! I love it so much I have to do it at HOME!!" Oh, poor baby has to sit at his computer and eat chips. He's so put upon. He proceeded to bitch about every little word or misstep that was committed against him throughout the day. Meanwhile *I* got the kids ready for bed (it was an hour past their bedtime) before sitting down to relax for the first time all day. When it was clear I wasn't going to prepare a meal (I'd eaten at the club, as I'd told him I would), he got up and again loudly sighed that he was sick of soup for dinner, and he should have gotten his favorite kind the last time he went to the store.
Our power was cut off on Monday. I was just sitting here minding my own business when I heard a banging on the side of the house. I got up and went outside, and there was a man standing in the bushes shoving the electric meter with his shoulder. I backed off before he saw me, and ran inside. Of course I was quite concerned that a madman was about to come crashing into my house in search of rape and pillaging. I sat down at the computer, where my phone was sitting, and contemplated the possibility that I was overreacting before I called the police. Suddenly the power was out. Holy fuck, the Madman was coming in to kill me! I peeked out the window just in time to see him driving away. Even then it didn't dawn on me that this was intentional. I called the electric company--which set off a 2 hour spree of Voice Mail Hell vs. Unreturned Phone calls between them and my bank, with me as referee. I was a puddle of tears for a while, believing that somehow I had really screwed up and not paid a bill that was due, and knowing I'd have to tell Shitfoot all about it and face his Kvetchness that evening. It was at least an hour before I discovered that I HAD paid the bill, but the bank hadn't delivered it. Long story short, we had to take the kids to a hotel for the night because it was too cold in the house to sleep. Both kids insisted on sleeping in MY bed, which meant I got all of 2 hours of sleep. Not terribly healthy.
This morning Dean #1 was hitting on me. I'm sure of it. He came walking around the corner as I was clocking in, and immediately brightened into a wide smile and greeted me warmly. This sounds inconspicuous, but this was far more dramatic than any greeting I may have previously received from him. He came over and chatted with me. Nothing inappropriate or suggestive was said, but as he spoke, he leaned in closer and closer to me, until we were shoulder to shoulder and he was leaning in toward me. I swear I thought he was about to kiss me. Dean#1 is cute and all, but he's the one Gray was warning me is terribly promiscuous. "He's done it with people he doesn't even know." I believe were his exact words. I have to assume that from Dean's recent change in attitude toward me, Gray must've had a discussion with him about that famous Sex List he was polling from us 2 weeks ago. As I left the room a few minutes later, Dean and Gray were in the next room talking, and they both looked over at me, speaking in low tones so no one could hear, and making a sort of wink-wink-nudge-nudge kind of grin to each other, Gray tilting his head toward me in a gesture I took to mean he meant "her, over there" while his hands were full and covered in chocolate frosting. Later this morning, I found Gray sitting in the storeroom chatting with SYT and Dean #2. Yeah, he definitely told them, too. All 3 of them were terribly uncomfortable each time I came to the door. Just a frozen look on their faces as if I had interrupted a conversation that would not continue until I left. I can't imagine what he'd said. I'll have to corner Dean#2 or SYT and ask, I suppose, if I really want to know. Must contemplate whether I really want to know or not...
And from today's horoscope:
Now's the time to act on your secret crush. Your charm is most accessible when you're direct -- if you try to be subtle, they may not catch the vibe.
There has been little of any consequence to happen this week, outside of my insanely busy schedule. Today, I worked from 7-10am, went to class, came home for lunch/blog and then I'm off to the country club from 1(ish) to 8(ish). They're crazy-busy preparing for their big Easter Sunday Brunch. I couldn't start working on the week of Flag Day, after all.
When I arrived home last night, bedraggled and exhausted STBX was on the couch eating chips (the chips I bought for DD to bring to school in her lunch). He got up and moved to the computer, where he had an array of work files open. After a few minutes, he turned to me and sighed loudly, sarcastically proclaiming, "I LOVE work!! I love it so much I have to do it at HOME!!" Oh, poor baby has to sit at his computer and eat chips. He's so put upon. He proceeded to bitch about every little word or misstep that was committed against him throughout the day. Meanwhile *I* got the kids ready for bed (it was an hour past their bedtime) before sitting down to relax for the first time all day. When it was clear I wasn't going to prepare a meal (I'd eaten at the club, as I'd told him I would), he got up and again loudly sighed that he was sick of soup for dinner, and he should have gotten his favorite kind the last time he went to the store.
Our power was cut off on Monday. I was just sitting here minding my own business when I heard a banging on the side of the house. I got up and went outside, and there was a man standing in the bushes shoving the electric meter with his shoulder. I backed off before he saw me, and ran inside. Of course I was quite concerned that a madman was about to come crashing into my house in search of rape and pillaging. I sat down at the computer, where my phone was sitting, and contemplated the possibility that I was overreacting before I called the police. Suddenly the power was out. Holy fuck, the Madman was coming in to kill me! I peeked out the window just in time to see him driving away. Even then it didn't dawn on me that this was intentional. I called the electric company--which set off a 2 hour spree of Voice Mail Hell vs. Unreturned Phone calls between them and my bank, with me as referee. I was a puddle of tears for a while, believing that somehow I had really screwed up and not paid a bill that was due, and knowing I'd have to tell Shitfoot all about it and face his Kvetchness that evening. It was at least an hour before I discovered that I HAD paid the bill, but the bank hadn't delivered it. Long story short, we had to take the kids to a hotel for the night because it was too cold in the house to sleep. Both kids insisted on sleeping in MY bed, which meant I got all of 2 hours of sleep. Not terribly healthy.
This morning Dean #1 was hitting on me. I'm sure of it. He came walking around the corner as I was clocking in, and immediately brightened into a wide smile and greeted me warmly. This sounds inconspicuous, but this was far more dramatic than any greeting I may have previously received from him. He came over and chatted with me. Nothing inappropriate or suggestive was said, but as he spoke, he leaned in closer and closer to me, until we were shoulder to shoulder and he was leaning in toward me. I swear I thought he was about to kiss me. Dean#1 is cute and all, but he's the one Gray was warning me is terribly promiscuous. "He's done it with people he doesn't even know." I believe were his exact words. I have to assume that from Dean's recent change in attitude toward me, Gray must've had a discussion with him about that famous Sex List he was polling from us 2 weeks ago. As I left the room a few minutes later, Dean and Gray were in the next room talking, and they both looked over at me, speaking in low tones so no one could hear, and making a sort of wink-wink-nudge-nudge kind of grin to each other, Gray tilting his head toward me in a gesture I took to mean he meant "her, over there" while his hands were full and covered in chocolate frosting. Later this morning, I found Gray sitting in the storeroom chatting with SYT and Dean #2. Yeah, he definitely told them, too. All 3 of them were terribly uncomfortable each time I came to the door. Just a frozen look on their faces as if I had interrupted a conversation that would not continue until I left. I can't imagine what he'd said. I'll have to corner Dean#2 or SYT and ask, I suppose, if I really want to know. Must contemplate whether I really want to know or not...
And from today's horoscope:
Now's the time to act on your secret crush. Your charm is most accessible when you're direct -- if you try to be subtle, they may not catch the vibe.
Comments:
Post a Comment