Wednesday, April 21, 2004
I openly scoff at Ben's Top 10 Comedies of All Time list. [scoff, scoff]
South Park? Number ONE?? I had no idea you were a 12-year-old, Ben! ;-P
Here's MY list, though I reserve the right to rearrange their order:
1. Raising Arizona
2. There's Something About Mary
3. Young Frankenstein
4. Parenthood
5. The Princess Bride
6. Airplane!
7. This is Spinal Tap
8. A Fish Called Wanda
9. Meet the Parents
10. Life of Brian
Very interesting development as of late: last night at work, some of the guys were talking about marriage, and Reggie mentioned that I am married. I corrected him:
Me: "No, I'm not married."
Reggie: "You're not? I swear I thought you were."
Me: "I WAS married, but not anymore." [shows naked ring finger]
He seemed surprised, but the conversation went on amongst the group about the benefits of marriage and how they knew they were or weren't ready for such a big commitment.
Then this morning, as I was getting myself a drink from the bakery, Dean#1 was making small talk and mentioned that I am married. Again, I corrected him. He gave me a raised-eyebrow kind of reaction as if this were pleasant news, and then commented that I must have all sorts of guys running after me. I said no, they appeared to be running FROM me for all I could tell. He asked me why I thought that, and I couldn't begin to guess, especially in a public, small-talk kind of conversation. I mean, what am I going to say? "Er, well, I'm fat, I'm moody, and I'm shy, so most people think I'm a snobby fat bitch." I just said, "I'm not sure. Just not too many interested parties, it seems."
"Are you chasing anyone?"
"Well, not ACTIVELY, no."
"That's why. You mean you're just chasing them in your head?"
"Ha-ha, yeah. It's easier that way."
I suspect a real come-on from Dean#1 is in the works now. I have to admit I get those little electric tinglies when he smiles at me. There's chemistry there, whether I'd like to admit it or not. And why would I allow Gray's gossip to sully my opinion of him? Gray will say anything for attention, and chances are most likely that the trashy things he said about Dean#1 aren't remotely true. So MAYBE, just MAYBE, should the come-on be gentle enough that I'm comfortable with it, I just might take him up on it...
And THEN, I was telling Dee about it during our break between classes, and she said, "OH! I have to tell you!!" "??"
"When I was working in the lab on Saturday, Jay came over and asked me what was up with your husband." [backtrack here: Jay happened to be at the bar where Dee and I stopped for a drink after work last Friday, he bought us both drinks and made a comment that when he first saw me, he thought I was meeting my husband, to which I replied, "Right. With a shotgun under my jacket, maybe." We briefly explained that the marriage was over, and our conversation ran elsewhere.
"... I told him that you were getting a divorce, and he said, 'Ohhhhhhh!' [rubs her chin and raises her eyebrows like she's scheming something] and then he said, 'I gotta get back to class. I'll get with you later.' and he left. I think Jay's gonna be calling you!!"
Well I'll be damned. Jay's a player, though. Proceed with extreme caution... although he gets the mighty fine hookup in Vegas (he KNOWS people who KNOW people or somesuch)... extra-cheap plane tickets, extra-cheap luxury suites at Treasure Island... he loves going to Vegas and we've talked about it several times. Now THAT's a date I couldn't turn down.
South Park? Number ONE?? I had no idea you were a 12-year-old, Ben! ;-P
Here's MY list, though I reserve the right to rearrange their order:
1. Raising Arizona
2. There's Something About Mary
3. Young Frankenstein
4. Parenthood
5. The Princess Bride
6. Airplane!
7. This is Spinal Tap
8. A Fish Called Wanda
9. Meet the Parents
10. Life of Brian
Very interesting development as of late: last night at work, some of the guys were talking about marriage, and Reggie mentioned that I am married. I corrected him:
Me: "No, I'm not married."
Reggie: "You're not? I swear I thought you were."
Me: "I WAS married, but not anymore." [shows naked ring finger]
He seemed surprised, but the conversation went on amongst the group about the benefits of marriage and how they knew they were or weren't ready for such a big commitment.
Then this morning, as I was getting myself a drink from the bakery, Dean#1 was making small talk and mentioned that I am married. Again, I corrected him. He gave me a raised-eyebrow kind of reaction as if this were pleasant news, and then commented that I must have all sorts of guys running after me. I said no, they appeared to be running FROM me for all I could tell. He asked me why I thought that, and I couldn't begin to guess, especially in a public, small-talk kind of conversation. I mean, what am I going to say? "Er, well, I'm fat, I'm moody, and I'm shy, so most people think I'm a snobby fat bitch." I just said, "I'm not sure. Just not too many interested parties, it seems."
"Are you chasing anyone?"
"Well, not ACTIVELY, no."
"That's why. You mean you're just chasing them in your head?"
"Ha-ha, yeah. It's easier that way."
I suspect a real come-on from Dean#1 is in the works now. I have to admit I get those little electric tinglies when he smiles at me. There's chemistry there, whether I'd like to admit it or not. And why would I allow Gray's gossip to sully my opinion of him? Gray will say anything for attention, and chances are most likely that the trashy things he said about Dean#1 aren't remotely true. So MAYBE, just MAYBE, should the come-on be gentle enough that I'm comfortable with it, I just might take him up on it...
And THEN, I was telling Dee about it during our break between classes, and she said, "OH! I have to tell you!!" "??"
"When I was working in the lab on Saturday, Jay came over and asked me what was up with your husband." [backtrack here: Jay happened to be at the bar where Dee and I stopped for a drink after work last Friday, he bought us both drinks and made a comment that when he first saw me, he thought I was meeting my husband, to which I replied, "Right. With a shotgun under my jacket, maybe." We briefly explained that the marriage was over, and our conversation ran elsewhere.
"... I told him that you were getting a divorce, and he said, 'Ohhhhhhh!' [rubs her chin and raises her eyebrows like she's scheming something] and then he said, 'I gotta get back to class. I'll get with you later.' and he left. I think Jay's gonna be calling you!!"
Well I'll be damned. Jay's a player, though. Proceed with extreme caution... although he gets the mighty fine hookup in Vegas (he KNOWS people who KNOW people or somesuch)... extra-cheap plane tickets, extra-cheap luxury suites at Treasure Island... he loves going to Vegas and we've talked about it several times. Now THAT's a date I couldn't turn down.
Comments:
Post a Comment