Thursday, May 06, 2004
I was about to start with "and it just keeps getting better and better", but I usually only use that sarcastically, and this time I actually mean that things are getting better and better! Who knew that was even POSSIBLE?
First, naturally, there's my honey. I asked him to pick a pseudonym for my journal (*blush*, I have not yet told him that this journal is PUBLIC, still working up the nerve on that one). He chose: "Rusty". ROFL! Apparently an older family member is fond of calling him that. It's weirdly appropriate, I suppose, despite the incredible Redneck Appeal the name has. So Rusty it is. Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrusty. This tickles me, for some reason, I can't stop the urge to giggle when I think of calling him Rusty. Bad Sassy. (I'm imagining he'd probably have the same reaction to calling me Sassy, so I guess we're even)
So, RUSTY and I have been constantly draining the cell phone batteries on a regular basis chatting into the night about just about everything under the sun, punctuated by brief moments of silence, which are usually broken with, "God, I miss you." *sigh* Once again we discussed the breakneck pace that the relationship has been moving, acknowledging it, trying to explain it (failing), enjoying it. He admits that, like me, he has not ever connected with someone so quickly, so securely, and sometimes feels the need to defend himself to his friends/family who question how he could possibly feel so strongly for a girl he barely knows. It's good to know I'm not alone in that, as well. We have both decided to stop trying to second-guess it, stop trying to justify it or force it to be anything that it's not and just enjoy it. And so I officially have a Boyfriend. My boyfriend Rusty. Just had to try that phrase on for size, as it seems a bit... well, unlikely, LOL.
Which leads me to Part II: Shitfoot. DD was home sick today--well, not sick as much as formerly sick. Apparently she barfed in her bed last night (ewwwwwwwww--I was so evil: I just informed Shitfoot that he had to clean it up because I had to get to school). Did I mention this is the top bunk? Anyway, she had to stay home as a result, even though she seems fine now. So we took her to lunch together. As she munched away, Shitfoot and I had a relatively good discussion about the current state of affairs. It appears that he is about to be offered another position here in town, on an 8 month contract. Exxxxcellent, says I. This means he must commit to staying here just about the same amount of time I must if I'm going to stay at the country club through B's maternity leave. Which means that even though it puts us almost a year behind in our plans, we'll both be free to move to Chicago (to be with my Gay Lovah, Ben, LOL!) at the same time. Again. So, I informed him that should he get this job, I want him to begin searching for an appropriate apartment immediately. "Why, don't you like having me hanging around the house?" "No. No I don't." Ha, ha, we're all so jovial and friendly we can cut jokes about it. [grimace] "Seriously, though, I'm just ready to have my own space." He started to counter with the old, "But you can't afford..." and I cut him off and said, "You let me worry about my stuff, you worry about your own, OK?" And so it is as it is. If you pray, pray, if you ~send vibes~, do so: just get Shitfoot a job and out of my house before I lose my frikken mind.
"So, as I'm sure you figured out, I've been seeing someone." We discussed some bare minimum facts about Rusty and our new relationship (with DD at the table, details were not necessary). He behaved as if he were genuinely happy for me, and told me that his dating experiences had all been dismal failures. "Why?" "Oh, they're all psycho. Liars, alcoholics, bitches..."
[ROFL, you ARE fucking kidding me, aren't you????]
Ah, it feels so good to have that all out in the open and dealt with. Now if it can all just work out... OH, and to further complicate things: Rusty (GOD, I can't stop laughing) had a job interview yesterday morning. His 2 current jobs were mere stopgaps to poverty--he'd been laid off from his "real job" a few months ago, and took the first thing(s) he could find to help make ends meet, and a friend hooked him up with this new one. He was told this morning that he "unofficially" has this new job, and he informed me last night that if he does get it, he'll move into the town where it is located, which puts him a half-hour closer to MEEEEEE! OK, it's still about an hour's drive, but it's CLOSER. Pitter-patter. And he'd be in HIS OWN PLACE. Knock on wood.
See, it really DOES keep getting better and better.
First, naturally, there's my honey. I asked him to pick a pseudonym for my journal (*blush*, I have not yet told him that this journal is PUBLIC, still working up the nerve on that one). He chose: "Rusty". ROFL! Apparently an older family member is fond of calling him that. It's weirdly appropriate, I suppose, despite the incredible Redneck Appeal the name has. So Rusty it is. Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrusty. This tickles me, for some reason, I can't stop the urge to giggle when I think of calling him Rusty. Bad Sassy. (I'm imagining he'd probably have the same reaction to calling me Sassy, so I guess we're even)
So, RUSTY and I have been constantly draining the cell phone batteries on a regular basis chatting into the night about just about everything under the sun, punctuated by brief moments of silence, which are usually broken with, "God, I miss you." *sigh* Once again we discussed the breakneck pace that the relationship has been moving, acknowledging it, trying to explain it (failing), enjoying it. He admits that, like me, he has not ever connected with someone so quickly, so securely, and sometimes feels the need to defend himself to his friends/family who question how he could possibly feel so strongly for a girl he barely knows. It's good to know I'm not alone in that, as well. We have both decided to stop trying to second-guess it, stop trying to justify it or force it to be anything that it's not and just enjoy it. And so I officially have a Boyfriend. My boyfriend Rusty. Just had to try that phrase on for size, as it seems a bit... well, unlikely, LOL.
Which leads me to Part II: Shitfoot. DD was home sick today--well, not sick as much as formerly sick. Apparently she barfed in her bed last night (ewwwwwwwww--I was so evil: I just informed Shitfoot that he had to clean it up because I had to get to school). Did I mention this is the top bunk? Anyway, she had to stay home as a result, even though she seems fine now. So we took her to lunch together. As she munched away, Shitfoot and I had a relatively good discussion about the current state of affairs. It appears that he is about to be offered another position here in town, on an 8 month contract. Exxxxcellent, says I. This means he must commit to staying here just about the same amount of time I must if I'm going to stay at the country club through B's maternity leave. Which means that even though it puts us almost a year behind in our plans, we'll both be free to move to Chicago (to be with my Gay Lovah, Ben, LOL!) at the same time. Again. So, I informed him that should he get this job, I want him to begin searching for an appropriate apartment immediately. "Why, don't you like having me hanging around the house?" "No. No I don't." Ha, ha, we're all so jovial and friendly we can cut jokes about it. [grimace] "Seriously, though, I'm just ready to have my own space." He started to counter with the old, "But you can't afford..." and I cut him off and said, "You let me worry about my stuff, you worry about your own, OK?" And so it is as it is. If you pray, pray, if you ~send vibes~, do so: just get Shitfoot a job and out of my house before I lose my frikken mind.
"So, as I'm sure you figured out, I've been seeing someone." We discussed some bare minimum facts about Rusty and our new relationship (with DD at the table, details were not necessary). He behaved as if he were genuinely happy for me, and told me that his dating experiences had all been dismal failures. "Why?" "Oh, they're all psycho. Liars, alcoholics, bitches..."
[ROFL, you ARE fucking kidding me, aren't you????]
Ah, it feels so good to have that all out in the open and dealt with. Now if it can all just work out... OH, and to further complicate things: Rusty (GOD, I can't stop laughing) had a job interview yesterday morning. His 2 current jobs were mere stopgaps to poverty--he'd been laid off from his "real job" a few months ago, and took the first thing(s) he could find to help make ends meet, and a friend hooked him up with this new one. He was told this morning that he "unofficially" has this new job, and he informed me last night that if he does get it, he'll move into the town where it is located, which puts him a half-hour closer to MEEEEEE! OK, it's still about an hour's drive, but it's CLOSER. Pitter-patter. And he'd be in HIS OWN PLACE. Knock on wood.
See, it really DOES keep getting better and better.
Comments:
Post a Comment