<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 14, 2004

I'm giddy with anticipation... Rusty's coming to visit for the weekend! I must repeatedly remind myself that the "real" reason for his visit is to work on his car with his brother, but if that means I can steal even just a few minutes with those arms around me, I'll be one Very Happy Sassy.

Once again my work schedule is jam-packed, meaning I have another weekend of getting home just in time to tuck the kids in and explaining in the morning that I can't stay with them all day again. Shitfoot has a small freelance project to complete, and I knew he'd attempt to work on it while they roamed freely without any supervision, causing more stress than usual and increasing the chances of his being a Complete Asshole to them all weekend. A quick call to MIL solved the problem--Shitfoot will be driving them to her house tonight after dinner, and they'll spend the weekend picking flowers and playing with Grandma. Now of COURSE this is convenient because Rusty can come to my house (I've set a "policy" that he won't meet them until July, provided the relationship continues smoothly, and there won't be any boyfriends spending the night at my house so long as there's a chance one of the kids might want to crawl in to bed with me), but that honestly wasn't the main motivation. I really do want to keep the kids away from Tyrant Shitfoot as much as possible, and I could see that train wreck coming for miles away. In any case, I asked Shitfoot if he'd planned on going out tonight or tomorrow night, and he said he wasn't sure when, but that he probably would go out to take advantage of the kids' absence. I explained that Rusty would at the very least be coming to pick me up, and I didn't want it to be uncomfortable for anyone, so it'd be nice to know when he planned to be here just to be prepared. He enthusiastically claimed to not be uncomfortable at all with the notion, then quickly corrected himself and said, 'well, it will be a LITTLE weird.' but insisted that he looks forward to meeting 'this guy' anyway, because he 'sounds like a really nice guy', so he's welcome to come over. I don't really get that, but OK. I don't guess I'll try to cuddle on the couch with a movie or anything, though.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?