Tuesday, May 04, 2004
Today's "Daily Romance" horoscope:
You're so bright you'll hurt people's eyes, but that's not your problem, is it? They'll be drawn to you like bugs to a zapper anyway, so it's no use warning them.
He just called me on his lunch break:
Him: I miss you.
Me: [fluttery] *whimper* (sheepishly), I miss you, too.
Him: See, it's not hard to admit it, is it?
Me: Yes, it is.
Him: This distance between us is killing me. I hate it.
Me: Well, it's probably best.
Him: Why?
Me: Because it forces us to slow things down.
Him: Yeah. But the thing is, I wouldn't mind seeing you exclusively.
Me: [recovering from heart failure--deep, deep breath, Sassy.] I...
His end of the phone: gr--^2rdg ast3 ho4nnc :IU grl4
Me: Jesus, that hurt my ear, what the hell was that??
Him: Sorry, machines here at work. (chuckles)
Me: Listen, I don't know how to respond to that--it's not that I don't WANT to see you exclusively, it's just that, well... I made myself a promise to do it that way to protect myself from getting hurt. I'm not sure what to say because the truth is I feel it, whatever it is, and I WANT to be with you. But this is WAY faster than I could have anticipated. I don't want it to go too fast and burn out of control. I'm a very emotional person--if I fall in love, I'll be staying there for a very long time.
Him: Me, too.
Me: [fluttery again, dammit] Give me some time to think about it. I don't want to make a promise in the heat of the moment. I need to make sure I can make this decision on purpose, and for the right reasons, OK?
Him: I completely understand. I can respect that.
Me: You understand why I'd be gun-shy, don't you?
Him: Yes, I understand, in your situation-- but not all men are like him, Sassy. I want to show you that.
Me: I hope you're right. I hope you can. Just... well--I need time to feel safe.
Him: I understand. I'm not in a hurry.
[silence]
Him: I miss you.
Me: [chuckle] I know, I do too.
Him: It's like I'm a little schoolboy again--weird.
Me: [laughing] It IS weird, isn't it? What the hell are you doing to me?
Him: Not nearly as much as I'd like to, trust me.
You're so bright you'll hurt people's eyes, but that's not your problem, is it? They'll be drawn to you like bugs to a zapper anyway, so it's no use warning them.
He just called me on his lunch break:
Him: I miss you.
Me: [fluttery] *whimper* (sheepishly), I miss you, too.
Him: See, it's not hard to admit it, is it?
Me: Yes, it is.
Him: This distance between us is killing me. I hate it.
Me: Well, it's probably best.
Him: Why?
Me: Because it forces us to slow things down.
Him: Yeah. But the thing is, I wouldn't mind seeing you exclusively.
Me: [recovering from heart failure--deep, deep breath, Sassy.] I...
His end of the phone: gr--^2rdg ast3 ho4nnc :IU grl4
Me: Jesus, that hurt my ear, what the hell was that??
Him: Sorry, machines here at work. (chuckles)
Me: Listen, I don't know how to respond to that--it's not that I don't WANT to see you exclusively, it's just that, well... I made myself a promise to do it that way to protect myself from getting hurt. I'm not sure what to say because the truth is I feel it, whatever it is, and I WANT to be with you. But this is WAY faster than I could have anticipated. I don't want it to go too fast and burn out of control. I'm a very emotional person--if I fall in love, I'll be staying there for a very long time.
Him: Me, too.
Me: [fluttery again, dammit] Give me some time to think about it. I don't want to make a promise in the heat of the moment. I need to make sure I can make this decision on purpose, and for the right reasons, OK?
Him: I completely understand. I can respect that.
Me: You understand why I'd be gun-shy, don't you?
Him: Yes, I understand, in your situation-- but not all men are like him, Sassy. I want to show you that.
Me: I hope you're right. I hope you can. Just... well--I need time to feel safe.
Him: I understand. I'm not in a hurry.
[silence]
Him: I miss you.
Me: [chuckle] I know, I do too.
Him: It's like I'm a little schoolboy again--weird.
Me: [laughing] It IS weird, isn't it? What the hell are you doing to me?
Him: Not nearly as much as I'd like to, trust me.
Comments:
Post a Comment