<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Well a bit of reality has hit LuvWunderland. He called me again last night, and we talked for a couple hours (could we BE any more pathetic??). He talked about his Ex a bit--he says that the thing that broke up their marriage was her loyalty to her parents; that they never accepted him into their family and always treated him like crap, she spent more time with her mother than with him, and her mother was invasive and constantly stirred up trouble between them. I asked him what his Ex would say broke up the marriage.

"I cheated."

Well, then, there's the ugly truth. He went on to describe it in detail for me... he felt ignored and disrespected at home, and turned to a co-worker. He fell in love with her, she promised to leave her husband for him, didn't, and after 8 months of a secret affair, she broke it off, and broke his heart. I asked him if cheating was a habit with him, or if he saw this as a single incident. He apologized a million times, saying, "I know you don't want to hear this, but it's the truth, and I won't lie about it. I don't want to hide anything from you." And then reminded me, "You're the one that didn't want a commitment, right?" "Yes, that's right. I know, and I'm not getting territorial here, I just want to know what kind of person I'm with."

And now I have to decide if this "history" of cheating is something to take seriously, especially considering, despite my teen-like giddiness, we have not formed a committed relationship.

There were many sweet-nothings exchanged during last night's phone call. He's got a romantic streak in him a mile wide. Very refreshing, I must say. He asked me, "Remember when you asked me what I was thinking--you said I looked like I had something on my mind I didn't want to say out loud?" "Yes?" "You were right. I was afraid to say it." "What were you afraid to say?" "That you are exactly the kind of person I could easily fall in love with."

Will someone please remind me why falling in love would be a terrible, horrible mistake to make?? Please?

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?