Sunday, June 06, 2004
Ah, Rusty comes to town for the weekend and all is well again. Rusty the Crack Pipe. I can't get enough of him. I started to feel sad this afternoon, just because I knew he'd be on his way back in a couple hours. For some reason, every time he leaves, it hurts a little bit more to watch him go. Of course this time I have a lot to feel melancholy about, so it's to be expected. He'll be returning for one more brief visit before he's on the road back home shortly, and my Fantasy Weekend will be over.
The Big Meeting between Shitfoot and Rusty finally happened. I was nervous as hell, though I'm still not sure why. They chatted briefly as we sat on the couch with the kids and "got comfortable" with each other. OK, maybe Shitfoot was getting comfortable, but I was mired in "This is Seriously Fucked Up" thoughts. Shitfoot, out of nowhere said, "Well Rusty, you're a very good looking man, I'm feeling really intimidated right now." Of course Rusty lit into a chuckle and a huge grin that just lit up the room. Later, after the kids were tucked in and Rusty was in the bathroom, Shitfoot said, "Wow, Sassy, he's a Trophy Husband. You've got yourself a Trophy Husband, don't you? I guess this divorce has been a lot better for you than it has for me!" ["This is Seriously Fucked UP!" thoughts abound.]
Shitfoot went out drinking and Rusty and I stayed in and watched movies. And it was Very Good. It was definitely a much-needed elixr to soothe my damaged psyche. So I guess tomorrow I have to start searching for a Real Job again...
The Big Meeting between Shitfoot and Rusty finally happened. I was nervous as hell, though I'm still not sure why. They chatted briefly as we sat on the couch with the kids and "got comfortable" with each other. OK, maybe Shitfoot was getting comfortable, but I was mired in "This is Seriously Fucked Up" thoughts. Shitfoot, out of nowhere said, "Well Rusty, you're a very good looking man, I'm feeling really intimidated right now." Of course Rusty lit into a chuckle and a huge grin that just lit up the room. Later, after the kids were tucked in and Rusty was in the bathroom, Shitfoot said, "Wow, Sassy, he's a Trophy Husband. You've got yourself a Trophy Husband, don't you? I guess this divorce has been a lot better for you than it has for me!" ["This is Seriously Fucked UP!" thoughts abound.]
Shitfoot went out drinking and Rusty and I stayed in and watched movies. And it was Very Good. It was definitely a much-needed elixr to soothe my damaged psyche. So I guess tomorrow I have to start searching for a Real Job again...
Comments:
Post a Comment