Saturday, June 19, 2004
Another date with Crack Pipe, and I'm basking in the afterglow. He is constantly trying to break my poor self-image, trying to remind me that I'm attractive. I figure he's just being complimentary because he wants in my pants. OK, I'm not THAT cynical, but the point is, I laugh the compliments off as politely as I can because I just don't know how to take them. I met him at a bar not far from his home where he was waiting his turn at Karaoke. We sat at the bar and chatted, and he leaned in and whispered that the guy sitting next to me was checking me out. I just rolled my eyes at him and then leaned back a bit to give The Ogler a peek at the Cleavage. I noticed no change in attention from The Ogler, but Rusty smirked and insisted that he'd been looking at me "admiringly". The bartender came over and tried to goad me into getting another beer. When he left, Rusty insisted he thought I was attractive, too. "What, you can read minds now?" "I can just tell." "Was it a magical sparkle in his eye?" "I'm being serious." "What-EVERRRRRR." His name was called and he got up and sang for me. Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... When he was done, he said he wanted to take me to a different bar, since that one was really dead.
When we arrived at the other bar, he said, "Oh, and don't worry, if somebody hits on you, I won't get jealous." "Would you cut it OUT?!? Nobody's gonna HIT on me. It. Doesn't. Happen. You are WRONG." He just laughed as if this were a really naive notion. We walked in, and he immediately headed to the bathroom. I found a couple of chairs at the bar and ordered a couple beers. I waited patiently and looked around the bar, just checking things out. Suddenly there was a guy standing next to me, leaning on the bar. "Hi, having a good time?" "Not yet," I said as the bartender approached with my beers, "But I'm workin' on it." He laughed just a teeny bit too enthusiastically, "Hahaha! Not yet!" and the millisecond he saw the bartender hand me a pair of drinks, he vanished quietly into the ether. Moments later, Rusty returned. "OK, I owe you a buck. You were right." "What?" "You were right. Some guy just hit on me." Normally it would burn me up to have to both admit I was wrong and say something complimentary about myself, but it was worth enduring just to see him grin at me like that.
I admit there's only one thing about our date that disappointed me... he didn't take me out on his bike. Still wondering why that is, exactly...
When we arrived at the other bar, he said, "Oh, and don't worry, if somebody hits on you, I won't get jealous." "Would you cut it OUT?!? Nobody's gonna HIT on me. It. Doesn't. Happen. You are WRONG." He just laughed as if this were a really naive notion. We walked in, and he immediately headed to the bathroom. I found a couple of chairs at the bar and ordered a couple beers. I waited patiently and looked around the bar, just checking things out. Suddenly there was a guy standing next to me, leaning on the bar. "Hi, having a good time?" "Not yet," I said as the bartender approached with my beers, "But I'm workin' on it." He laughed just a teeny bit too enthusiastically, "Hahaha! Not yet!" and the millisecond he saw the bartender hand me a pair of drinks, he vanished quietly into the ether. Moments later, Rusty returned. "OK, I owe you a buck. You were right." "What?" "You were right. Some guy just hit on me." Normally it would burn me up to have to both admit I was wrong and say something complimentary about myself, but it was worth enduring just to see him grin at me like that.
I admit there's only one thing about our date that disappointed me... he didn't take me out on his bike. Still wondering why that is, exactly...
Comments:
Post a Comment