<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 21, 2004

DS is 3. He's been potty trained for a while now, but for some reason has taken a renewed interest in displaying his talent. He approached me moments ago, "MOM! Want to see something cool?", as he hiked up his shirt. "What?" "Come on, I show you." He pulled his pants down to his ankles and turned toward the bathroom. "Come on, i'ss cool. I can take my pee-pee out and potty like a big man." "I know, honey. Did you need help?" "No, come ON, I show you." He began the trek to the bathroom, pants around ankles, shirt tucked under his chin, waving me on behind him, taking lurching, teeny-tiny baby steps, "I show you." He arrived at his destination and I waited patiently as he put up the toilet lid (but not the seat--gotta work on that), stood on his tip-toes and pointed his penis toward the water. Naturally the pee went just about everywhere BUT the water at first, but he got things back under control and finished the job, then looked up at me and grinned, "SEE?? I can do it allbymyself!" "I know, sweetie, I'm SO proud of you." He beamed and bent over to pull up his pants, looking into the toilet, "LOOK AT THAT!! I made BIIIG BUBBLES!!" "Yes, you did." Pants back up, he grabbed a sqare of toilet paper and wiped the seat clean.

Yes, that's right: I could really care less that the boy is potty trained. What gives me a thrill is the kid CLEANED UP after himself!!! Whoopieee! The thrills of being a mommy, I swear... Oh and yes, we had to say "Bye-bye bubbles!" as he flushed. I have this image in my head of following him into the bathroom at 16, "Yes dear, that's a huge poop. I'm so proud of you!"

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?