Thursday, June 24, 2004
So far, scant few details have been revealed about Shitfoot's date. Here's what I do know:
• The day before, he informed me that he had
headed off the who-pays issue by informing
her that she would have to pay her own way.
• He returned more than 6 hours after leaving.
• When asked how it went, he responded, "It was
OK. I mean, it wasn't GREAT. I don't see it
turning into anything permanent, but it's
good to have some companionship, know what
I mean?"
• "She hates Ben Stiller. This could be a problem."
And on the subject of Rusty, since everyone is on the edge of their seats: all is cool in Happyland. Oh, except for the part where as I was revealing my innermost thoughts and feelings over the phone during our nightly conversation, he fell asleep. Sorry, dude, I had to say it. Actually, it's still cracking me up. And no, I wasn't really revealing deep-dark secrets. It was a fairly serious conversation, though. Here I was trying to reassure him, and aparently I was so good at soothing him he just drifted off to dreamland. I pressed a key and blasted his ear to wake him up, and all he could say was, "Uh... oh... errr... oops." It's payback for the multiple times I've done it to him, so I'm not burned. Seriously. I am, however, still kicking myself for not planting post-hypnotic suggestions to entertain myself later. I really must make a list, just in case it happens again.
"You will massage my feet at every opportune moment!"
"I will massage yourrrr feeeet alll daaaaaay..."
"You LOVE Mexican food!!"
"I can't get enough of it."
"You will listen to my advice!"
"You're always riiiiight..."
"You don't like wrestling!!"
"WWHHAAAAT??!?!?!?!"
I'm disappointed, though not surprised to learn that Rusty's Ex refers to me as "The Other Woman". She's definitely not as ready to move on as Shitfoot has been, and that complicates things considerably. I want to be considerate to her feelings--after all, if this is a permanent thing, we're going to have to get used to each other. It'd be nice (albeit a fantasy) if we could get along, even if it's just a basic, cordial sort of relationship. I don't suppose that's possible any time soon. I'm concerned, though, that her bitterness will damage his relationship with their daughter. She aparently considers them still married, though it's simply a legal technicality, much like my own marriage. I wonder: in states without no-fault divorce, is it considered adultery if the couple is legally separated? I had always thought not, but maybe so. Anyway, she doesn't want him back, but apparently can't quite accept the fact that he's with someone else. I'm sure she'd hoped he'd rot in hell and misery for the rest of his life.
• The day before, he informed me that he had
headed off the who-pays issue by informing
her that she would have to pay her own way.
• He returned more than 6 hours after leaving.
• When asked how it went, he responded, "It was
OK. I mean, it wasn't GREAT. I don't see it
turning into anything permanent, but it's
good to have some companionship, know what
I mean?"
• "She hates Ben Stiller. This could be a problem."
And on the subject of Rusty, since everyone is on the edge of their seats: all is cool in Happyland. Oh, except for the part where as I was revealing my innermost thoughts and feelings over the phone during our nightly conversation, he fell asleep. Sorry, dude, I had to say it. Actually, it's still cracking me up. And no, I wasn't really revealing deep-dark secrets. It was a fairly serious conversation, though. Here I was trying to reassure him, and aparently I was so good at soothing him he just drifted off to dreamland. I pressed a key and blasted his ear to wake him up, and all he could say was, "Uh... oh... errr... oops." It's payback for the multiple times I've done it to him, so I'm not burned. Seriously. I am, however, still kicking myself for not planting post-hypnotic suggestions to entertain myself later. I really must make a list, just in case it happens again.
"You will massage my feet at every opportune moment!"
"I will massage yourrrr feeeet alll daaaaaay..."
"You LOVE Mexican food!!"
"I can't get enough of it."
"You will listen to my advice!"
"You're always riiiiight..."
"You don't like wrestling!!"
"WWHHAAAAT??!?!?!?!"
I'm disappointed, though not surprised to learn that Rusty's Ex refers to me as "The Other Woman". She's definitely not as ready to move on as Shitfoot has been, and that complicates things considerably. I want to be considerate to her feelings--after all, if this is a permanent thing, we're going to have to get used to each other. It'd be nice (albeit a fantasy) if we could get along, even if it's just a basic, cordial sort of relationship. I don't suppose that's possible any time soon. I'm concerned, though, that her bitterness will damage his relationship with their daughter. She aparently considers them still married, though it's simply a legal technicality, much like my own marriage. I wonder: in states without no-fault divorce, is it considered adultery if the couple is legally separated? I had always thought not, but maybe so. Anyway, she doesn't want him back, but apparently can't quite accept the fact that he's with someone else. I'm sure she'd hoped he'd rot in hell and misery for the rest of his life.
Comments:
Post a Comment