<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 31, 2004

Just finished playing tooth fairy. DD lost another tooth. She's becoming an old pro at it, pulling this one out herself. She was so concerned about the blood on it that she attempted to wash it in the sink before placing it under her pillow. Naturally it fell down the drain. She was beyond upset. I told her that I figured if the tooth fairy was small enough to get under her pillow without being seen she could probably get into the drain to get it, too, so we should write her a note explaining where the tooth was. She thought that was a fantastic idea. The tooth fairy just left her a whole dollar.

I washed my child's mouth out with soap yesterday. He and his sister were arguing about something (probably who got to play on the computer or choose the TV show), and he left the room after sneering at her and saying, "Bish!" This instantly transformed me into my mother, I scooped him up and slapped a finger-full of soap in his mouth. Lord, why? Why did I do it? I didn't want to, but my sanity was hanging by a thread. This boy has been swearing like a sailor for months now and nothing else I've tried has worked. I snapped. I doubt this will help much, either.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?