Monday, July 05, 2004
OK, the boy is starting to creep me out. Godzukie has been telling me off and on for the past month or so that he has 2 dads. At first I thought he was referring to Rusty, even though he had never met him (guilt creeping in, I suppose). But he told me his 'other' dad's name is Michael. About the same time he started saying "shunuvabish" all the time, after being reprimanded for cursing, he explained that Michael says it all the time, and he got in trouble. Last week, he informed me that his dad 'got dead'. I casually inquired how that happened, and he said he was shot by the bad police, and they shot his brother, too. Just now he was playing a game with DD: she was pretending to be a dog, and he was playing fetch with her, and imploring me to come pet his puppy. I played along with the game and chatted him up a bit. He informed me he didn't have a dad anymore. "Really? What happened?" "He got dead in 5 weeks." "And how did that happen?" "He got shot by the bad police." "I see. Are you sad about that?" He shrugged his shoulders and said, "No. But I still got the American flag. And these pants. He gave me these pants. See?"
Why does my 3 year old keep telling me his father was killed by a policeman??
Why does my 3 year old keep telling me his father was killed by a policeman??
Comments:
Post a Comment