Friday, October 15, 2004
Well it's done. I am unpregnant.
Naturally I feel like doing a round of Olympian gymnastics, bursting with joy and pride.
A few things I learned today:
Naturally I feel like doing a round of Olympian gymnastics, bursting with joy and pride.
A few things I learned today:
- Phenergan really does work. Moments after the shot, it began taking effect. I lay there taking deep breaths, astounded by the feeling of NOT wanting to puke for the first time in 3 weeks.
- Several of the other women I spoke to reported that their ultrasounds were falsely reporting their pregnancies 2-4 weeks further along than they really were. So this past week of emotional hell and turmoil was completely unnecessary. I wasn't farther along that I thought, I could have had the pill last week, and all the stress of trying to find a way to make a baby fit into my life was just an exercise in futility. I guess nothing's real if you don't feel the pain for a while, right?
- Having Shitfoot sign me out claiming to be giving me a ride home (I couldn't ask him to actually do that, no, that would be a huge imposition) was actually MORE humiliating than having a total stranger drive me home.
- Driving myself home was not a very good idea, lack of accidents or tickets notwithstanding.
Comments:
Post a Comment