Wednesday, November 03, 2004
I am absolutely mortified.
When I came home from work this evening, there was a letter stuck in the crack of my door:
Dear ___________________[my name handwritten in],
I visited your home today and you were not in. I need to talk to you regarding a report received on behalf of your child/children. Please contact me no later than ________[Monday, noon] to discuss this matter. I can be reached at xxx-xxxx between the hours of 8am and 4:30pm Monday through Friday.
Thank you,
xxxxxxxxx,
Social Service Worker
Cabinet for Health and Family Services
Department for Community Based Services
Child Protective Services
Intake and Investigations
OK, you are fucking kidding me, right? Of course I have to try to sleep tonight before I can reach anybody to find out what this is all about. Naturally, I can think of absolutely ZERO reasons why this could possibly turn out to be nothing to worry about, but neither can I think of an trend or incident that might have lead someone to call CPS to 'report me'. My kids are clothed and fed, they are not beaten, or even spanked on any sort of regular basis. Yes, their father is a loudmouth asshole, but he doesn't live here. I occasionally slip up and swear in front of them, but they are not called names or screamed at in my home. I don't let them run wild, they have not gotten into any trouble that I'm aware of. They are polite and friendly, with natural age-appropriate tendencies to get too loud or boisterous when they play.
The only thing I can think of is that last week I complained to the apartment manager that my downstairs neighbors are letting their dogs use the common hallway as a toilet. Oh, if that BITCH called CPS to retaliate, I am gonna lose my fucking mind.
I'm just so FUCKING tired of the goddamned drama. What the fuck have I done to deserve this? What the FUCK do I have to do get back a NORMAL life?? Why the FUCK is the universe FUCKING WITH ME?????
When I came home from work this evening, there was a letter stuck in the crack of my door:
Dear ___________________[my name handwritten in],
I visited your home today and you were not in. I need to talk to you regarding a report received on behalf of your child/children. Please contact me no later than ________[Monday, noon] to discuss this matter. I can be reached at xxx-xxxx between the hours of 8am and 4:30pm Monday through Friday.
Thank you,
xxxxxxxxx,
Social Service Worker
Cabinet for Health and Family Services
Department for Community Based Services
Child Protective Services
Intake and Investigations
OK, you are fucking kidding me, right? Of course I have to try to sleep tonight before I can reach anybody to find out what this is all about. Naturally, I can think of absolutely ZERO reasons why this could possibly turn out to be nothing to worry about, but neither can I think of an trend or incident that might have lead someone to call CPS to 'report me'. My kids are clothed and fed, they are not beaten, or even spanked on any sort of regular basis. Yes, their father is a loudmouth asshole, but he doesn't live here. I occasionally slip up and swear in front of them, but they are not called names or screamed at in my home. I don't let them run wild, they have not gotten into any trouble that I'm aware of. They are polite and friendly, with natural age-appropriate tendencies to get too loud or boisterous when they play.
The only thing I can think of is that last week I complained to the apartment manager that my downstairs neighbors are letting their dogs use the common hallway as a toilet. Oh, if that BITCH called CPS to retaliate, I am gonna lose my fucking mind.
I'm just so FUCKING tired of the goddamned drama. What the fuck have I done to deserve this? What the FUCK do I have to do get back a NORMAL life?? Why the FUCK is the universe FUCKING WITH ME?????
Comments:
Post a Comment