<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, December 04, 2004

Only 2 full days at my new job and I'm exhausted. Mind you, I'm not complaining, not at all. It's exhausting, but it's wonderful. I spent 14 hours on Thursday, working my ass off. A couple of mistakes, but Chef was in a good mood and took it in stride. I see a lot of people being respectful with each other, helpful, friendly... almost too good to be true! And they're all so easily impressed. I swear, I look at my work and I see tons of mistakes, and I'm embarassed. Then someone comes over and gasps and tells me how fabulous it is. "Girl, that is off the HOOK!" Shirley (a line cook) keeps telling me. She must have asked me four times in one day if I'm sure I haven't opened my own bakery somewhere. The compliments are fabulous, of course, and keep me going when I'm feeling pressured or stressed, but the truth is I really am disappointed in the quality of my work. My bosses and their investors are not, though, so I'll keep working at it to get better. I have lots of planning to do to get ready for Monday's opening, though, so I have little time for blogging. It's just nice to have the weekend with my kids, 2 days in a row off, etc. Next week will be difficult. Not much time, but I have to find a place to live!! Oh, and move there. I'm working on it, though.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?