Monday, January 17, 2005
More happy news on the job front--potentially. There is a convenience store opening in the mall where our restaurant is located. Not your typical convenience store, though. They're focusing on upscale versions of the items usually found in a convenience store--organic versions of things and fresh foods. They want to offer some of our items for sale--soup and sandwiches and such, but also, the owner has specifically requested getting a batch of breads and sweets from me every week. This will naturally boost sales at the restaurant, which is good, but it also gives me a new contact where I can sell things on a freelance basis should I ever have time for such things. Yet another opportunity to experiment with new things and get familiar with retail sales at very little risk of my own.
I moved the last of my things into storage this weekend. Finally, all my things are in one state. Still waiting to hear from the purse strings about my options for a mortgage. I'm trying not to focus on all that because it's been stressing me out. I'm trying like hell to just focus on the good stuff and appreciate what I've got going for me: good job, happy kids, hot man. That no home issue will just have to wait while I slow down to take a deep breath.
I moved the last of my things into storage this weekend. Finally, all my things are in one state. Still waiting to hear from the purse strings about my options for a mortgage. I'm trying not to focus on all that because it's been stressing me out. I'm trying like hell to just focus on the good stuff and appreciate what I've got going for me: good job, happy kids, hot man. That no home issue will just have to wait while I slow down to take a deep breath.
Comments:
Post a Comment