<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 04, 2005

Caught in the act!!!

Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. For some reason, when it happened with his father a couple of years ago, it wasn't nearly as big a deal. But I'm positive I've permanently traumatized my 4 year old son. The boy woke up and had to pee, and being the pestering little monkey that he is, he can't just go to the bathroom and pee, he has to come wake me up and have me escort him to the bathroom.

Except I wasn't asleep. It was 1am for cryinoutloud, when on earth can a mom get her freak on without someone tapping her on the shoulder and asking if she can take them to the bathroom??
The guy was still half asleep, I'm sure, and has no conscious memory whatsoever of what he saw. Although I'll be on the lookout in the near future for questions about why mommy was sitting on Rusty. [oh the horror!] And see, if he has no conscious memory of it, this is exactly the kind of thing that will rear it's ugly head in deep-deep therapy when he's 30.

"Oh my GOD I saw my mother riding my stepdad like a Texas Rodeo Queen!!! No wonder I can't have a healthy relationship with women!!"

And poor Rusty. My son has impeccable timing. Theatrically impeccable. I'm sure we'll be able to laugh about it someday, but today, I just wince. I'm pretty sure Rusty has been freaking out all day long thinking about it. I may need to serve written proof that the children are not in the same state tonight before he'll take his clothes off again.






Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?