<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 14, 2005

Waaaaahhhhhhhhh!! Well Happy Valentine's Day to me, apparently. 1:30am I was awakened by the distinct sound of my oldest puking. My first thought was, "At least it's her, she knows to go to the bathroom." Then I remembered she was up on the top bunk, and her brother had crawled into bed with her. And neither one of them will go into a bathroom here without me to turn on the light first. By the time all those thoughts had crossed my mind, I had only managed to sit up and start peeling the blankets off, but she'd puked another 3 times. Finally the adreneline hit me and I beat a path to their room. Sure enough, she lay there, half asleep, puking off the side of the top bunk, down the side of the bed, and into the kid-sized easy chair below.

Groooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn...

It took me an hour to clean it all up. Hey, at least the sympathy vomitting will account for the loss of a few calories... I could handle spit up, and even baby vomit, but DD has reached the age that puke is puke and that's just nasty. Ugh, I wiped off coloring books, washed off a baggie full of crayons (it had a greasy film over it--ewwwwww!), threw away a few stray papers, rinsed off a couple of legos, and then put the whole freaking chair in the shower. Nasssstaaaay. Nastynasty nasty. About an hour after I finally collapsed in bed, she was puking again. This time she had the bathroom garbage can with her, so it was just a matter of changing the bag and going back to bed, but still, here we are 10 am and I'm dragging on about 4 hours of sleep, and I have to work late tonight. My boss was not happy that I wasn't coming in this morning but what can I do?? I told him that when the Tylenol started working and got her fever down enough, I'd take DS into the daycare and bring her in with me to help get things set up for lunch, but I couldn't stay, obviously. Boohoo, you'd think I had called to tell him I quit.

Ugh, my head hurts. Maybe I should work up a nice big puke while I'm at work so I can get out of working tonight.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?