<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, March 25, 2005

I've been busting ass getting ready for this wine dinner they've got planned next week with Chef G-dini, and I'm pissed. Now don't get me wrong: my end of things is going quite well. I enjoy experimenting, and I've come up with a couple of kick-ass dishes that are going to put G-dini to shame. In fact, I did a trial run today of the Bavarian Cream Puffs (topped with a shortbread cookie, so effing delicious it'll make your teeth fall out), and just one bite and I said, "Oh hell that just ain't right. I'm a bad, bad person." Liz was in the office around the corner and just laughed at me. "Liz, I have to warn you, I work for Satan." I handed her a plate. "And I need a taste tester." She eagerly accepted, as did the beer sales lady who stopped in, and both of them informed me that their ass-fat was mighty grateful. "That's my job. Fattening the world one ass at a time." And tomorrow I'll experiment with the Gianduja Mousse Tower... can I just mention how much I love hazelnuts? Yumm, oh I'm getting appetite-adreneline just thinking about it. And I get to play with sugar and tuille or chocolate for some wild-ass garnishes and the whole thing is gonna KICK ASS.

Except hardly anyone is going to know because my GREEDY-ASS BOSS has priced the damned dinner about DOUBLE what it's worth. And in this town, that don't fly. Yes, yes, it's a five course meal, but each serving is TINY, so that you can actually still have room in your gut to TASTE the desserts when they come. But CHRIST, the man is getting the wine for free (the premise is that the wine company has chosen wines that go with these dishes the best, people taste it, they talk about it, they can buy some of the wine from the wine guy, everybody's happy), and he's charging $125 a PERSON. Even when I thought that was per COUPLE I thought it was a tad high. But per PERSON? No wonder they only have about 6 people signed up. Greedy bastard. $80 is a respectable price--high enough to be snooty and low enough to be within reach for most of the regular customers. And certainly high enough to make a handsome profit on all the food. The whole idea of having this dinner was to get more PR, more rich folks in the door. WTF is he THINKING???

So how hard am I going to work just to feed 6 people? This is supposed to be a big damned deal. Oy, don't get me started.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?