<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Since I'm trying desperately to distract myself from the fear of my job vanishing into thin air, I instead will talk about something near and dear to me. Tomorrow is an important date in history, as many of you know. Why? Because
STAR WARS OPENS!!!
Right. As if I really give a damn. But here I am, a year out from my divorce, and I thought I'd escaped the Private Hell George Lucas had built for me in his evil plot to release these three films so distantly apart. I honestly believed I could live my life normally, blissfully free of the incessant banter about droids, wookies and dark lords of the Sith. Oh what a fool was I. I have been subjected to mindless banter about this movie Every. Single. Time. I talk to Shitfoot for the past 2 months. He calls nightly to say goodnight to the kids, and before I can hang up, I have to listen to "Just One More Thing". I had just complained about that state of things to Jessica last week when he called. For once the Intermittent Phone Reception played in my favor and disconnected us before he could get a word in about it after speaking to the kids. I set the phone down and smiled, thankful for that one small blessing. But no, he had to call me back. He called me back to talk about Star Wars. Why does he think I want to hear him talk about Star Wars? Surely he knows that the only reason I listened to the previous 2 movies' worth was because we were married and I had nowhere to run.

So tomorrow night, he'll see the movie. And Thursday he'll regale me with with sentences like, "It was so cool, see, Obi Wan goes to... nevermind, I don't want to ruin it for you."

Ah but Shitfoot, you already have.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?