<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Well things are slowing going back to "normal" here at the Sassy Household. Jessica's visit went surprisingly well--don't get me wrong, it's not that I had awful expectations, but I really did fear that 5 of us in such a small space would result in tensions and stress that we all could do without. But the kids adored her (and face it, they love it whenever they can get just a little bit MORE ATTENTION), Rusty liked her, and we actually still had things to talk about, even though we hadn't seen each other in over 6 years.

I started therapy again today. *sigh* It's not really something I want, but I have to admit it couldn't hurt. We made an appointment with a psych to add some antidepressants to the regime, and in the meantime, I will be going in every other week just to talk things out and "check my head" so to speak. My first round of therapy was immediately after my divorce with Shitfoot. There was so much to muddle through, and I was so out of my element and lost, it was really helpful to hear myself say some of the things I was thinking and feeling--something about hearing it out loud makes you realize how absurd your thoughts can be. I'm definitely not in that sort of place anymore, but I'm so overwhelmed by the pace and responsibilities in my life, I really need it--if for no other reason than to think I'm actively doing something to address all the stress I'm under.

It's official, Chef informed me this morning that our Sous Chef is leaving. I hope this time he gave 2 weeks. I can only imagine the ridiculous tasks I'm about to be told I'm responsible for...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?