<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 27, 2005

For those interested, my outing for the day was a success: fun was had, friends were made, skin was burned; it's all good.

But I log back on tonight for another reason:

What the fuck is it with men and television?? I mean, come on--I know there's an endless supply of brain rot available 24/7 on all 700+ channels. I don't feel compelled to participate in it during every spare moment I have, though. And here's the thing: I get that there are certain programs or even channels that he enjoys. I'm fine with that. I really am. I don't ask him to not watch his "shows". I wouldn't dream of it. But why, WHY OH MERCIFUL GOD, am I expected to join him? I am reliving a problem I had with Shitfoot, and I have analyzed it again and again--I mean, if it's happening twice, maybe it is me, right? Both complain that I spend too much time on the computer and not enough time with them. "Time With Them" being Man-Code for "Sitting on the couch watching TV." Sorry fellas, but TV is not Quality Time. The argument can be made in reverse, especially given the fact that I have less than zero interest in watching anything you have rested the remote on for more than ten seconds. Why don't you come sit by the computer with me? It makes just as much sense. Hell, I even have a small TV by the computer. Come in here and turn it on. Problem solved. My ass is now within 2 feet of yours and we're both doing what we want to be doing. No, no, Sassy, that's not right. The Man can't be satisfied until Sassy's being held hostage in front of Testosterone TV. And how long before he leans over and quietly says those familiar 4 words: "Get me a beer?"

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?