Monday, June 06, 2005
Sunday is "Return the Kids" day at our house. Rusty and I (or sometimes just I) meet Shitfoot to pick up the kids. On occassion we sit down and have dinner together. So yesterday we sat in the playland at McDonalds while the kids "ate" dinner (quotes due to the questionable nature of that verb being an accurate description of what was actually being accomplished). We were having a decent conversation, talking about funny movies and such, just making small talk while the kids finished up. At one point, Rusty had left for the bathroom, and Shitfoot was standing at the foot of the slide waiting for DS to come down. The woman at the table next to us leaned over, "Is that your brother?" she asked and gestured toward Shitfoot. I just laughed and said, "No, my Ex." Her eyes widened, and she glanced toward the bathrooms, "And that was your boyfriend??" "Yes." "Wow."
She was chock full of questions about how long we'd been divorced, how long I'd been with Rusty, etc. Shitfoot explained, "I have enough bullshit in my life, I don't need animosity between my ex and my kids. It's worth the effort to keep things as friendly as possible between us." She was just amazed, "My Ex wouldn't sit in a room with my boyfriend if you paid him. You guys are amazing."
Sometimes I forget to appreciate the good things in my life. I've been feeling down again lately (all centered around my lack of satisfactory housing), and thinking about how much it sucks that even the good things in my life are merely silver linings, but I have to step back and just appreciate what I've got.
She was chock full of questions about how long we'd been divorced, how long I'd been with Rusty, etc. Shitfoot explained, "I have enough bullshit in my life, I don't need animosity between my ex and my kids. It's worth the effort to keep things as friendly as possible between us." She was just amazed, "My Ex wouldn't sit in a room with my boyfriend if you paid him. You guys are amazing."
Sometimes I forget to appreciate the good things in my life. I've been feeling down again lately (all centered around my lack of satisfactory housing), and thinking about how much it sucks that even the good things in my life are merely silver linings, but I have to step back and just appreciate what I've got.
Comments:
Post a Comment