Monday, June 27, 2005
Ugh! I am so tired of everything being so farging negative. How can you keep a positive attitude in the face of such utter bullshit?? But hopefully things are on an upswing--first, I had a very nice weekend with Rusty. We had a date on Saturday, did the dinner and a movie thing, and it was nice. It was good to just get out and have fun--for some reason it was a lot more relaxing than when we've gone out dancing/drinking. I don't know, maybe two seriously depressed individuals such as ourselves really should avoid centering our evening's entertainment around getting drunk... I know, DUH SASSY.
Still nothing worth blinking at on the job front. I did stumble upon a seriously good opportunity for Rusty, though. I'm not building any hopes up around it just yet, I know how easily I get hurt when these things fall through. I'll just cling to a bit of hope that his Kharma finally has turned back to the "give" position...
And finally, a first for me: I think I've made a new friend! Holly is a Very Cool Chick. I met her about 4 months ago when she did my hair for the first time. She gave me her cell number then, but I was too thick to put 2 and 2 together. When I went back a couple weeks ago, she gave it to me again, and said, "Call me, even just to hang out or something." Yes Sassy, that means even just to hang out or something. But I'm a dork, and she couldn't possibly want to hang out with a Dork Like Me, right? Rusty's been nagging me to call her, but I just couldn't think of anything cool enough to call her about without being a Big Weirdo Dork. And then there I was in Kroger, trying to check out at the self-scan checkout with about 3x as much food as their scales will hold (damn all the freaking Blue Hairs backed up in all the regular checkout lines holding a half gallon of milk and a can of tuna while the self-checkouts stand empty!)... and the phone rings. I answer, but I can barely understand a word the person on the other end is saying. It's making me crazy as we go back and forth, "Do I have my what?" "Are you where?" I wasn't even sure who I was talking to, and since I am submitting resumes all over the freaking midwest, I have to answer all calls whether I recognize the number or not. We eventually agreed that she would hang up and look for a place with better reception and call me back. She did--while I was carrying my 279 lbs. of groceries up the stairs. Just a tiny bit more of phone tag later, we're all set: we're meeting at the pool--which is where I had planned on taking my son this afternoon anyway!! Oh my goodness, I think I made a friend! Did I mention that I think Holly is cool? She reminds me of the chick who plays "Joey"'s sister... Andrea whatshername... She used to own her own hair salon before moving back to the midwest for "A More Normal Lifestyle". She's aching to open another business, and I have a feeling she's going to be selling me hard on it again today, but I don't mind. Hell, if the *right* opportunity came up, I just might jump into it with her. It'd be good to have a partner who'd done it before, especially one who didn't quit because she was bankrupt.
Well, I'm off. I'd been putting off buying a new swim suit all week because I couldn't find anything I liked, but now I sorta HAVE TO!
Still nothing worth blinking at on the job front. I did stumble upon a seriously good opportunity for Rusty, though. I'm not building any hopes up around it just yet, I know how easily I get hurt when these things fall through. I'll just cling to a bit of hope that his Kharma finally has turned back to the "give" position...
And finally, a first for me: I think I've made a new friend! Holly is a Very Cool Chick. I met her about 4 months ago when she did my hair for the first time. She gave me her cell number then, but I was too thick to put 2 and 2 together. When I went back a couple weeks ago, she gave it to me again, and said, "Call me, even just to hang out or something." Yes Sassy, that means even just to hang out or something. But I'm a dork, and she couldn't possibly want to hang out with a Dork Like Me, right? Rusty's been nagging me to call her, but I just couldn't think of anything cool enough to call her about without being a Big Weirdo Dork. And then there I was in Kroger, trying to check out at the self-scan checkout with about 3x as much food as their scales will hold (damn all the freaking Blue Hairs backed up in all the regular checkout lines holding a half gallon of milk and a can of tuna while the self-checkouts stand empty!)... and the phone rings. I answer, but I can barely understand a word the person on the other end is saying. It's making me crazy as we go back and forth, "Do I have my what?" "Are you where?" I wasn't even sure who I was talking to, and since I am submitting resumes all over the freaking midwest, I have to answer all calls whether I recognize the number or not. We eventually agreed that she would hang up and look for a place with better reception and call me back. She did--while I was carrying my 279 lbs. of groceries up the stairs. Just a tiny bit more of phone tag later, we're all set: we're meeting at the pool--which is where I had planned on taking my son this afternoon anyway!! Oh my goodness, I think I made a friend! Did I mention that I think Holly is cool? She reminds me of the chick who plays "Joey"'s sister... Andrea whatshername... She used to own her own hair salon before moving back to the midwest for "A More Normal Lifestyle". She's aching to open another business, and I have a feeling she's going to be selling me hard on it again today, but I don't mind. Hell, if the *right* opportunity came up, I just might jump into it with her. It'd be good to have a partner who'd done it before, especially one who didn't quit because she was bankrupt.
Well, I'm off. I'd been putting off buying a new swim suit all week because I couldn't find anything I liked, but now I sorta HAVE TO!
Comments:
Post a Comment