<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Bleah. *sigh*

I wish there was something to blog about... I'm in this weird holding pattern where nothing is quite right but nothing's particularly wrong. I've found a couple of places in my hometown to apply to, but have had no encouraging response.

Rusty has taken a new job here in town and starts training next week. The pay is higher, but no overtime means the net check will actually be lower. Ultimately, it's worth it just to get out of the Job From Hell. He has not given notice at his current job, though, mainly because of the crappy way they've been treating him, but also because they're most likely to just tell him to leave when he does give notice, and then he would be out even more money. He checked and the company doesn't require notice, so he's looking forward to just walking out.

And then there's the Other Jobs he's applied to. Seems he's getting bigger bites than I am. He interviewed with the distribution center for Kroger in my home town for a warehouse job. It's another scenario where there's just enough good things to make it difficult to turn down and just enough bad things to make it difficult to accept. Mainly, it would be a 3rd shift job until a 1st or 2nd shift opens up, and there's just no way to know when that would happen. He has tried 3rd shift jobs before and was more than miserable. I know I don't want to do that to him. He also got a phone interview with a big beer company, which went well, but the position is only temporary (3 months, if I recall correctly). The pay is good, but the permanent job doesn't pay as much, and it sounds as though a permanent job afterward is unlikely. Through all these details and tribulations, one thing keeps coming back to my mind: I am so lucky that he is willing to go through this for me. If it weren't for me an dmy children, he could just accept this new job here in town and ride it out for a while to see how it goes. He is only considering a move because I will need to move if I plan to find work as a pastry chef. And as much as it will cost him, financially, emotionally, with his daughter and ex, he is facing it with dignity and conviction, not bitching, not putting pressure on me, not making demands or pouting. I'm just simply blown away by it. And then I think, "Oh yeah, that's what good people do when they love someone. That's what love is."

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?