<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, August 05, 2005

Rusty got the job! Of course, I am beside myself with excitement and happiness. But ever the worrier, I have to be concerned about the negative possibilities. Will the 3rd shift drive him deeper into depression? Will he grow to resent living farther away from his daughter, and consequently, resent me and my children? Will the job turn out to be as undesirable as his most recent one? What pitfalls am I in store for??

Of course there's no way to know, and nothing I could do to prepare anyway, so I've allowed myself just a couple more days of worrying, and then I'm buckling down and focusing on getting crap done instead.

In the meantime, still no movement on my own employment front. Very frustrating stuff indeed. But perhaps it'll get easier if/when I'm back in The City.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?