<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 19, 2005

You'll be happy to know I'm feeling much better now... much closer to sane. Still no job, and lottery-winning fantasies are outnumbering sexual ones 10 to 1. Woe is me, right?

One of the things that lifted my spirits was Rusty, of course. No, no, I'll skip all the X-Rated literature (much to his chagrin, I'm sure). But just for him, I feel to need to announce to the world that Rusty is A SEX GOD, a Titan of Titillation, the Patron Saint of Sexual Satisfaction. Ha, now everybody knows! But while that's all good and well (and a few other adjectives), that's not his only strength. That man just knows how to lift me up, and it never seems to amaze me every time he manages to reach down and pull me out of the depths (oh my, I suddenly got this Romance Novel vision of him--you know, rippling muscles bulging out of his torn-open shirt clutching my heaving bosom against him... ~~~fan, fan, fan~~~ I need some air!). He is such a sweetheart, though... He's been bugging me about what I want for my birthday. It's not for another 7 weeks, but he knew it would take some saving and planning, so, being the Financial Planner that he is, he set about to acquire my heart's desire. And he did. And it came in the mail on Saturday. He teased me for a bit, trying to tempt me to beg him to open it, but I refused. "I can wait." I told him, "I'm very excited, don't get me wrong, but if I open it now, then on my birthday, I'll get all pouty and petulant because it won't be 'special'. So I'll wait." He was taken aback, maybe he thought I was bluffing. "OK, then I'll buy you something else on your birthday." "NO YOU WON'T! That was expensive. You're not spending any more money." He just shook his head at me. I can see now that at Christmas time, I'm going to have to go to great lengths to hide his presents! It wasn't in this house for 3 hours before he broke down (I swear I did absolutely NOTHING to encourage it) and opened it and gave it to me. So watch out, here I go:

[doing the happy dance, releasing my inner child] "I got a iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiPod! I got a iiiiiiiPod! And you can't haaaaave it. Because it's miiiiiiiiiii-ine!"

Yay! Yes, one more reason for me to tune out and stop communicating with others. And one more gadget I just HAVE to get accessories for. But I'm so danged excited. He said he had to move quickly because he wanted to give me a pink iPod Mini, and they're being discontinued in favor of the Nano, which only comes in white. If the nano had a bigger hard drive, he might've just gotten that instead, but he knew I have a passion for pink so he sprung for it. And I am so bleepin' excited!! So please, friends in the iPod Nation, if you have any tips or sources for Podcasts, or recommendations of any kind, send them along. I hope to grow from Newbie to Master in no time flat!

As for the kids... DS has been so clingy lately. I'm ambivalent about it--I didn't stay at home nearly as long with him as I did with DD, so he has no real memory of spending lots of time every day with me like she does, and I have guilt, I admit. So this summer has been nice to have with him. I only hope when it's time to send him back to pre-school/daycare, he won't fall apart all over again. A couple things he's saying lately that just crack me up: he has his heart set on getting a new set of Legos from "The Tanfastic Four". He says it that way every time. DD corrects him, but he keeps saying it turned around. And finally, everything that goes fast is going "speed lemon". Driving around town, if he thinks I'm driving too fast, he'll ask, "Mom, are you going speed lemon?" "Yes dear, I am driving the speed limit."

DD starts girl scouts tonight. She's beside herself with joy. I had to just give in to the fact that we will probably not move and we need to let her put down some roots. So she's joining, and I'm committing to being a meeting helper a couple times this fall, etc. I'm hoping it will improve some of her attitude around the house. It doesn't help that her father is constantly harping about getting us to move back to his town and how much he misses "the good old days". It depresses her every time, and keeps her from really settling into either of our homes.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?