Thursday, October 13, 2005
OK, recovery statement: NOT unlimited FREE clothes. Deep discounts on unlimited #'s of clothes. Actually, it's pretty complicated--the normal company discounts in conjunction with the fact that we're an outlet store just turns a simple employee discount into a quadratic equation. What it amounts to is I can get an $80 pair of dress pants for about $12, so I'm totally stoked, nonetheless. And soon they'll be opening a GapKids where I can continue the trend for my kids as well. This alone is a good reason to keep the job even at minimal hours for as long as possible!
Anyway, it was a typical orientation session... video after video about how the company started, company values, company blathering, company safety yada yada... I expect more of the same tonight. It seems to be a pleasant atmosphere to work in, and I am reassured that both managers are really great ladies and fun to work with. Everyone seems to get along, and hopefully it'll turn out to be at least half as fun as it seems at first glance.
In the meantime, Rusty's Ex, who is deserving of a nickname that will haunt her for decades to come, has finally kicked him hard enough to piss him off. It's an attitude I've seen all along, but he's naively been giving her the benefit of the doubt for far too long, and she finally opened his eyes. She finally admitted openly that she's been avoiding discussing meeting me and the kids and avoiding letting H be alone with him because she just doesn't understand why he's so "consumed with it". As if it makes no logical sense for him to want to be with his daughter in any context beyond "visitor". She told him that he and I should "go on with your lives" and that he can still come and visit H any time, but she's happy and that's all that matters. I can't begin to imagine what sort of mind fuck you'd have to survive to believe that your child is better off without her father involved in her life. Just send the checks and leave us alone. You'd think he's a crackhead or child molester the way she treats him. But he doesn't deserve this, and I think he finally gets it. She's gonna have a psychotic break when she gets served papers...
Anyway, it was a typical orientation session... video after video about how the company started, company values, company blathering, company safety yada yada... I expect more of the same tonight. It seems to be a pleasant atmosphere to work in, and I am reassured that both managers are really great ladies and fun to work with. Everyone seems to get along, and hopefully it'll turn out to be at least half as fun as it seems at first glance.
In the meantime, Rusty's Ex, who is deserving of a nickname that will haunt her for decades to come, has finally kicked him hard enough to piss him off. It's an attitude I've seen all along, but he's naively been giving her the benefit of the doubt for far too long, and she finally opened his eyes. She finally admitted openly that she's been avoiding discussing meeting me and the kids and avoiding letting H be alone with him because she just doesn't understand why he's so "consumed with it". As if it makes no logical sense for him to want to be with his daughter in any context beyond "visitor". She told him that he and I should "go on with your lives" and that he can still come and visit H any time, but she's happy and that's all that matters. I can't begin to imagine what sort of mind fuck you'd have to survive to believe that your child is better off without her father involved in her life. Just send the checks and leave us alone. You'd think he's a crackhead or child molester the way she treats him. But he doesn't deserve this, and I think he finally gets it. She's gonna have a psychotic break when she gets served papers...
Comments:
Post a Comment