Friday, November 11, 2005
Yes, yes, it's been too long. I didn't mean to abandon you. In my absence, I was busy working retail and moving. "Oh pshaw!" you scoff, "Big DEAL!" Yeah, that's what I thought, too. I'm exhausted. Luckily, I'm beginning to move out of the fog and back into the light, so hopefully things will continue to look better.
The move was only to a bigger apartment in our same complex, so it's not a big distance move, but it is a nice change: I have a BEDROOM, with a DOOR. That LOCKS. Oh, and a closet. A BIG one. *sigh* It'll take me another month to get everything unpacked and in it's place and by then everything will be filthy because I'm spending all my time unpacking instead of cleaning.
I've been so neglegent in my blogging that I haven't a clue where to start again... so many things to gripe about, so little time and energy to sit here and write it all down in a linear fashion. So, let me make a brief outline--some "talking points", if you will:
The move was only to a bigger apartment in our same complex, so it's not a big distance move, but it is a nice change: I have a BEDROOM, with a DOOR. That LOCKS. Oh, and a closet. A BIG one. *sigh* It'll take me another month to get everything unpacked and in it's place and by then everything will be filthy because I'm spending all my time unpacking instead of cleaning.
I've been so neglegent in my blogging that I haven't a clue where to start again... so many things to gripe about, so little time and energy to sit here and write it all down in a linear fashion. So, let me make a brief outline--some "talking points", if you will:
- The Girl: Her Elephantine memory has latched onto the fact that I told her she could invite some friends over for a sleepover one weekend after we moved. Well, we've moved, so can we have it now? How about now? Now? How 'bout now? OK, tomorrow then?
- The Boy: Not much different with him. Ornery, silly, occassionally angry, messy, and pig-headed. Don't know where he get's THAT from.
- The Man: The stress of the state of my Really Crappy Career and the resulting financial situation is really chipping away at our sanity. We've been bickering and butting heads. It's really frustrating. I'm comforted by the fact that no matter how bad it gets, we always end up coming back together and talking it out.
- The Career: What Career? I am beginning to think I will never work in a respectable job again. I could find a job listing like "Sassy Pastry Chef wanted. Must be a fake redhead and over 21." and I wouldn't even get a call back from my resume, much less a human on the phone if I tried to contact them. Porn is starting to look like a viable option--there can't be less dignity in it, but there's definitely more money.
- The Big Plan: I have definitely lost my mind. And I definitely don't know what I'm doing or how to do it. BUT... after working in the retail shop nearby for only a month I know what I must do: I MUST open a coffee/sweets shop in or near the outlet mall. Not only does my dream fit into the atmosphere of the area, but I swear at least twice a day someone asks me where the nearest Starbucks is, and when told it's 15 minutes away, they are more than glad to make the drive. The mall is packed with label-conscious status seekers who are desperate to leave their money somewhere. Sassy must get to work and open a coffee shop. Feel free to email me and tell my how crazy I am.
Comments:
Post a Comment