Saturday, January 07, 2006
I'm really tired of whining. Well, actually, I'm really tired of having things to whine about. And even more tired of trying to dutifully keep my chin up. 2005 went down the toilet in a hurry, didn't it? I don't want another year behind me that I'm glad to see over. So What The FUCK do I do to change my course? Stop whining, for starters. Which, unfortunately, requires me to dutifully keep my chin up. Bah!
My living room is filled with little girls at the moment. The Girl is having a slumber party to celebrate her 8th birthday. They have had a grand old time--they made beaded watches, played Mario Dance Dance Revolution, sang karaoke, painted their nails, dressed up in her party dresses and old Halloween costumes, had pizza and cake and ice cream, and now they're all cuddled up on the air mattress in the living room watching Madagascar. I'm hoping they start nodding off soon, but I don't count on that happening for another couple of hours.
The Boy is spending the night with their dad. I sold it to him on the idea that all these girls would just annoy the crap out of him, and he was better of having some Daddy Time. He cuddled with me this morning before we left, and sang a song he'd composed for me. I was actually shocked to hear it--it was thoughtful and sweet, probably better written than the majority of what you hear on the radio these days, and had a real (if not meandering) tune to it. It went something like this:
I just wanna stay up with you
I just wanna stay up with you
I just wanna stay
I just wanna stay
I just wanna stay up with you
Cause we can have some good times
we can have some fun
And you are my best friend
And you are everything good
I just wanna stay up with you
I just wanna stay up with yoooooooooou
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
It's good to have that kind of support, and those moments are priceless. And I suppose if that's the best thing to ever happen in my life, then I'm still quite lucky to have had it.
My living room is filled with little girls at the moment. The Girl is having a slumber party to celebrate her 8th birthday. They have had a grand old time--they made beaded watches, played Mario Dance Dance Revolution, sang karaoke, painted their nails, dressed up in her party dresses and old Halloween costumes, had pizza and cake and ice cream, and now they're all cuddled up on the air mattress in the living room watching Madagascar. I'm hoping they start nodding off soon, but I don't count on that happening for another couple of hours.
The Boy is spending the night with their dad. I sold it to him on the idea that all these girls would just annoy the crap out of him, and he was better of having some Daddy Time. He cuddled with me this morning before we left, and sang a song he'd composed for me. I was actually shocked to hear it--it was thoughtful and sweet, probably better written than the majority of what you hear on the radio these days, and had a real (if not meandering) tune to it. It went something like this:
I just wanna stay up with you
I just wanna stay up with you
I just wanna stay
I just wanna stay
I just wanna stay up with you
Cause we can have some good times
we can have some fun
And you are my best friend
And you are everything good
I just wanna stay up with you
I just wanna stay up with yoooooooooou
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
It's good to have that kind of support, and those moments are priceless. And I suppose if that's the best thing to ever happen in my life, then I'm still quite lucky to have had it.
Comments:
Post a Comment