Friday, February 10, 2006
Shandy tagged me! Sorry, Shandy, I had no idea you were blogging again, dangit! I wasn't ignoring your tag. So here I go:
What were you doing 10 years ago?
Winter, 1996... I was living in Knoxville, Tennessee and attending UT as a Graphic Design student and h.a.t.i.n.g it. Yes, yes, please everyone take some time to comment about how "cool" it must've been to be at UT while Peyton Manning and Kenny Chesney were there. Of course I didn't know Kenny. And I hated Peyton Manning with a fire-hot passion. Well, more accurately, I hated football, because it was my obligation as an Art Department Student. And because everything in Knoxville was painted orange top-to-bottom and the world nearly stopped spinning every time there was a freaking football game (I paid nearly $200 per semester for a parking permit and was not allowed to park *anywhere* on campus on game days, regardless of final exams, projects, delivery of supplies for said projects, etc.), and on top of all that, all of my co-workers in my sanity-draining work-study job suffered from OCFFD (Obsessive-Compulsive Football Fan Disorder), and turned Every. Single. Conversation. into something about football. Or the bible, but I digress. It was my first year of marriage, and we had just moved to Knoxville to return to school. It was an adventure, regardless of how unpleasant it tended to be most of the time. The one thing I miss about Knoxville is the scenery. I could put up with all the other crap that I hated down there just to live in or near the mountains like that again.
What were you doing 1 year ago?
Last winter I was getting my job as Pastry Chef down pat, feeling good about it, though stressed about the blatant idiocy that ran rampant, and still trying hard to get used to living in a new town, getting the kids settled in a new apartment, and trying to get comfortable with this newly defined family.
Five snacks I enjoy:
1. Little Debbie Nutty Bars
2. Pop Secret Homestyle microwave popcorn
3. Nilla Wafers
4. Nachos with melted cheese, salsa and guacamole
5. Dry kids' cereal--Peanut Butter Toast Crunch, Honeycomb, OreO's
Five songs to which I know all the lyrics
1. American Idiot, Green Day
2. Redneck Woman, Gretchen Wilson
3. Afternoon Delight, Starland Vocal Band
4. Top of the World, The Carpenters
5. Blitzkreig Bop, The Ramones
Five things I would do if I were a millionaire:
1. Pay off all my debts (damned student loans!)
2. Start my coffee cafe
3. Buy a new car. Not sure, a Dodge Charger? A Mini Cooper?
4. Buy a house
5. Put my kids in classes of their choice (karate, horseback riding lessons, guitar, piano, etc.)
Five bad habits:
1. Spending too much time on the computer
2. Tuning everyone out and retreating into my own head for serenity
3. Procrastinating (especially w/laundry, what's up with that?)
4. Overspending (easy to do when you're living so close to the bone)
5. Disorganization (only at home and in my car--what's up with THAT?)
Five things I like doing:
1. Spending too much time on the computer
2. Su Doku
3. Knitting
4. Baking
5. Alone time (even with clothing on!) with Rusty
Five things I would never wear, buy or get new again:
1. Neon colored clothing. OK, maybe a little, but only a LITTLE.
2. Ripped jeans
3. Tube tops (oh the miracle in physics that would require!)
4. High-waisted "mom jeans"
5. A mini-van. (no, I never had one, but I feel that strongly about it. I would have to birth quadruplets before I'd even consider it)
Five favorite toys:
1. My laptop
2. My computer
3. My PDA--damn that dead battery, I haven't played with it in AGES!
4. My Banana Republic Employee Discount
5. My Ipod Mini
So here’s the deal: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot
So, it’s come down to this:
Swingin' on a Star
Space Age Housewife
Shandyland
Sassy's Up Late Again
Then select five people to tag:
Well, I suck because everyone I know that blogs has been tagged. But I'll give Jessica a shout-out to give it a go.
What were you doing 10 years ago?
Winter, 1996... I was living in Knoxville, Tennessee and attending UT as a Graphic Design student and h.a.t.i.n.g it. Yes, yes, please everyone take some time to comment about how "cool" it must've been to be at UT while Peyton Manning and Kenny Chesney were there. Of course I didn't know Kenny. And I hated Peyton Manning with a fire-hot passion. Well, more accurately, I hated football, because it was my obligation as an Art Department Student. And because everything in Knoxville was painted orange top-to-bottom and the world nearly stopped spinning every time there was a freaking football game (I paid nearly $200 per semester for a parking permit and was not allowed to park *anywhere* on campus on game days, regardless of final exams, projects, delivery of supplies for said projects, etc.), and on top of all that, all of my co-workers in my sanity-draining work-study job suffered from OCFFD (Obsessive-Compulsive Football Fan Disorder), and turned Every. Single. Conversation. into something about football. Or the bible, but I digress. It was my first year of marriage, and we had just moved to Knoxville to return to school. It was an adventure, regardless of how unpleasant it tended to be most of the time. The one thing I miss about Knoxville is the scenery. I could put up with all the other crap that I hated down there just to live in or near the mountains like that again.
What were you doing 1 year ago?
Last winter I was getting my job as Pastry Chef down pat, feeling good about it, though stressed about the blatant idiocy that ran rampant, and still trying hard to get used to living in a new town, getting the kids settled in a new apartment, and trying to get comfortable with this newly defined family.
Five snacks I enjoy:
1. Little Debbie Nutty Bars
2. Pop Secret Homestyle microwave popcorn
3. Nilla Wafers
4. Nachos with melted cheese, salsa and guacamole
5. Dry kids' cereal--Peanut Butter Toast Crunch, Honeycomb, OreO's
Five songs to which I know all the lyrics
1. American Idiot, Green Day
2. Redneck Woman, Gretchen Wilson
3. Afternoon Delight, Starland Vocal Band
4. Top of the World, The Carpenters
5. Blitzkreig Bop, The Ramones
Five things I would do if I were a millionaire:
1. Pay off all my debts (damned student loans!)
2. Start my coffee cafe
3. Buy a new car. Not sure, a Dodge Charger? A Mini Cooper?
4. Buy a house
5. Put my kids in classes of their choice (karate, horseback riding lessons, guitar, piano, etc.)
Five bad habits:
1. Spending too much time on the computer
2. Tuning everyone out and retreating into my own head for serenity
3. Procrastinating (especially w/laundry, what's up with that?)
4. Overspending (easy to do when you're living so close to the bone)
5. Disorganization (only at home and in my car--what's up with THAT?)
Five things I like doing:
1. Spending too much time on the computer
2. Su Doku
3. Knitting
4. Baking
5. Alone time (even with clothing on!) with Rusty
Five things I would never wear, buy or get new again:
1. Neon colored clothing. OK, maybe a little, but only a LITTLE.
2. Ripped jeans
3. Tube tops (oh the miracle in physics that would require!)
4. High-waisted "mom jeans"
5. A mini-van. (no, I never had one, but I feel that strongly about it. I would have to birth quadruplets before I'd even consider it)
Five favorite toys:
1. My laptop
2. My computer
3. My PDA--damn that dead battery, I haven't played with it in AGES!
4. My Banana Republic Employee Discount
5. My Ipod Mini
So here’s the deal: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot
So, it’s come down to this:
Swingin' on a Star
Space Age Housewife
Shandyland
Sassy's Up Late Again
Then select five people to tag:
Well, I suck because everyone I know that blogs has been tagged. But I'll give Jessica a shout-out to give it a go.
Comments:
Post a Comment