<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 23, 2006

The Girl is on Spring Break this week. I had delusions of spending all sorts of time with her this week, to help stave off her bottomless thirst for my attention, but naturally it hasn't turned out that way. Monday, I was called in to work early, so I had to feed them lunch and run. Tuesday, we had a nasty snowstorm, so any leisure time outside or driving around was out of the question, and we were trapped in the apartment while Rusty did schoolwork--almost impossible to balance the two, then I worked in the evening. Wednesday, my first "real" day off of work was spent trapped once again because my power steering went out on my car. And today, aside from having to deal with getting that car fixed, I'm SICK. The cold medicine helped get rid of the rubber cement in my sinuses, but now my brain is swimming and I could just sit and stare at the shadows on the walls for the rest of the day and I would be perfectly content. Both kids are getting really stir crazy and are starting to act up horribly. I sent them outside to play, since this is probably the first day all week that the temperature has been high enough to do so without freezing to death. And tomorrow I have to take them to their dad's. So much for getting in some extra time with them. Now I have Mommy Guilt.

And UGH, I have to buy a new car. Like I'm flush with money right now anyway. This sucks. I really don't want a car payment (like anyone does), and I really don't want a car payment on a junker. I hate having my hand forced like this, but what other choice is there?? Dammit, where's that winning lotto ticket when I need it??

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?