<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Friday morning, I noticed that a cartoon that the kids were watching featured a cameo appearance by Weird Al Yankovic. I made a reference to his music off-hand, and was met with inquisitive looks from the Wee Ones. "What? You don't know who Weird Al is??"

And so our journey began. I broke out the iTunes and burned a disc to listen to on the trip to their dad's house. It was an instant hit. I am now the Coolest Mom EVER, and Weird Al is THE BOMB.

I really need to think these things ALL THE WAY THROUGH before I open my mouth. I can't get his piercing voice out of my head. Regret is a cold, cold bedfellow, my friends.

In the meantime, ShitFoot is up to his old tricks: Grandma is buying him new furniture!! Hooray!! Well, given the fact that the kids are still both sleeping on a Full-sized air mattress on the floor of their room, one might have THOUGHT that a set of bunk beds might be on the list of items Grandma is buying for him. No, no, why do that?? Grandma is going to buy HIM a new bed, and the kids can sleep in HIS OLD ONE!! What a GREAT IDEA!!!! He's even got the kids all revved up thinking this is the most exciting thing ever. Let's review: the bed he's sleeping in *is* technically between 8-9 years old, but it sat empty for most of that time in our guest bedroom. And he needs a new one BEFORE his 5 and 8 year old children need BEDS OF THEIR OWN. Asshole.

Also, my PMS has been very mild this month. It seems, however, to have been displaced. Is it possible that my hormones can cause RUSTY to exhibit symptoms of PMS? I'm about this close to buying him a box of laxatives because he's got something up his ass he can't seem to get out. I can go along having a normal day, start a normal conversation with him, and WHAM, out of the blue, he's snapping and bitching at me about something. A few minutes later he's fine again and wondering why I can't just let it go. I'm guessing he's stressed about money, but I'm doing all I can, and feeling frustrated that nothing I do is good enough. On the positive side, though, he's begun seeing his therapist again. Hopefully it will help us get back on track. I knew when he started the 3rd shift it would be hard, but I had hoped it would just be logistically hard, not just hard on our relationship. I guess that was a bit naive.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?