Wednesday, December 13, 2006
Yet another lengthy absence, and the thing that draws me back is to bitch. Ach, I'm a crappy friend--nobody ever hears from me unless I'm complaining. But I shall update regardless...
First, Rusty finally got a court order to have unsupervised visitation with his daughter. They spent last Saturday together for the first time. Sea Hag (his Ex) had built it up as this incredibly potentially explosive and traumatic moment, and she spent the whole afternoon playing and having a good time. Not a single complaint. Not a single tear. But of course it can't be drama free: when he arrived to pick her up, Sea Hag's Mom took the opportunity (while Sea Hag was in the next room putting on Rustette's coat) to inform him in a bizarre (threatening?) tone: "We know where Sassy works, so you don't have to hide it from us anymore. And don't buy anything for Sea Hag there. EVER."
I just laughed when he relayed this information. "That won't be a problem," I said, "We don't sell anything big enough for her." Geez, do they think I plan to kill her with GIFTS of CLOTHING?? What the FUCK ever. I ought to send her a really AWESOME dress in a size 2. Just to get under her skin.
In the meantime, drama for Rusty: out of the blue, a Rabid, Asshole CoWorker started in on him about stalking his girlfriend's 18 yr old daughter. It was a clusterfuck of misunderstandings and unfortunate out-of-control events that planted the seed in his head (including a hacker breaking into his MySpace account and spamming porn crap all over everyone he'd included as a "friend"), but when it comes down to it RACW is just an asshole who was relishing the opportunity to tear Rusty down in front of his co-workers. After some unnecessary melodrama, Rusty finally agreed to report RACW's behavior to management--it was the only way to save his job, actually, because the company policy is that if a fight breaks out, both parties get fired, period. So even if he did nothing, not even defend himself, he would lose his job if RACW continued to escalate his threats. Now everyone at work is treating him like a pariah. It's taken more than a week for management to "investigate", which is driving him MAD, because the longer it goes on, the worse his co-workers treat him. It appears that either they believe the rumors that RACW started (and it was confirmed that he discussed his World of Fiction with other coworkers), or they're pissed at him for "narcing". In any case, he was told as he left this morning (he works 3rd shift) that there was a meeting tomorrow to discuss the outcome of the investigation (WITH his manager, supervisor AND RACW). Naturally, he hasn't slept hardly at all today. I'm anxious, too. The stress has been absolutely horrible for him, and its' getting to me, too.
We got a puppy in the middle of all this. Yes, after all my hard-headedness, I finally gave in. Lucky is a 7 week old Beagle mix, white with brown spots, and we're all adjusting nicely.
And finally, the real reason that drove me to endure BlogSpot's upgrade procedures:
My parents told me about 3 months ago that they planned on coming to visit "just before Christmas". The kids and I have been looking forward to it for ages. In addition to the visit, my dad was supposed to be delivering the finished business plan he's been working on for me. Well since it's now 12/13, and I still hadn't heard a peep from them, I emailed them a short note saying that DD was pestering me about when they were coming, and were they bringing their cousin A. Five minutes later, my mother emailed me back:
My dad had WHAT? Oh yes, just toss that one off like he had a cavity drilled. The man is 65. Surgery, no matter how minor, is a big deal. And they didn't bother telling me.
Now, anyone who knows my family knows this is typical of them. You'd think after 38 years of this bullshit, I'd be used to it. And yet every time it happens, I get upset as if it's completely unexpected.
No fucking wonder I don't know how to have 'intimate' relationships.
First, Rusty finally got a court order to have unsupervised visitation with his daughter. They spent last Saturday together for the first time. Sea Hag (his Ex) had built it up as this incredibly potentially explosive and traumatic moment, and she spent the whole afternoon playing and having a good time. Not a single complaint. Not a single tear. But of course it can't be drama free: when he arrived to pick her up, Sea Hag's Mom took the opportunity (while Sea Hag was in the next room putting on Rustette's coat) to inform him in a bizarre (threatening?) tone: "We know where Sassy works, so you don't have to hide it from us anymore. And don't buy anything for Sea Hag there. EVER."
I just laughed when he relayed this information. "That won't be a problem," I said, "We don't sell anything big enough for her." Geez, do they think I plan to kill her with GIFTS of CLOTHING?? What the FUCK ever. I ought to send her a really AWESOME dress in a size 2. Just to get under her skin.
In the meantime, drama for Rusty: out of the blue, a Rabid, Asshole CoWorker started in on him about stalking his girlfriend's 18 yr old daughter. It was a clusterfuck of misunderstandings and unfortunate out-of-control events that planted the seed in his head (including a hacker breaking into his MySpace account and spamming porn crap all over everyone he'd included as a "friend"), but when it comes down to it RACW is just an asshole who was relishing the opportunity to tear Rusty down in front of his co-workers. After some unnecessary melodrama, Rusty finally agreed to report RACW's behavior to management--it was the only way to save his job, actually, because the company policy is that if a fight breaks out, both parties get fired, period. So even if he did nothing, not even defend himself, he would lose his job if RACW continued to escalate his threats. Now everyone at work is treating him like a pariah. It's taken more than a week for management to "investigate", which is driving him MAD, because the longer it goes on, the worse his co-workers treat him. It appears that either they believe the rumors that RACW started (and it was confirmed that he discussed his World of Fiction with other coworkers), or they're pissed at him for "narcing". In any case, he was told as he left this morning (he works 3rd shift) that there was a meeting tomorrow to discuss the outcome of the investigation (WITH his manager, supervisor AND RACW). Naturally, he hasn't slept hardly at all today. I'm anxious, too. The stress has been absolutely horrible for him, and its' getting to me, too.
We got a puppy in the middle of all this. Yes, after all my hard-headedness, I finally gave in. Lucky is a 7 week old Beagle mix, white with brown spots, and we're all adjusting nicely.
And finally, the real reason that drove me to endure BlogSpot's upgrade procedures:
My parents told me about 3 months ago that they planned on coming to visit "just before Christmas". The kids and I have been looking forward to it for ages. In addition to the visit, my dad was supposed to be delivering the finished business plan he's been working on for me. Well since it's now 12/13, and I still hadn't heard a peep from them, I emailed them a short note saying that DD was pestering me about when they were coming, and were they bringing their cousin A. Five minutes later, my mother emailed me back:
Dad had hernia surgery on Friday and it doesn't look like we will be going
anywhere soon. Yes, when we come we want to bring A with us. She was
upset when she found out that we were there without her.
mom
My dad had WHAT? Oh yes, just toss that one off like he had a cavity drilled. The man is 65. Surgery, no matter how minor, is a big deal. And they didn't bother telling me.
Now, anyone who knows my family knows this is typical of them. You'd think after 38 years of this bullshit, I'd be used to it. And yet every time it happens, I get upset as if it's completely unexpected.
No fucking wonder I don't know how to have 'intimate' relationships.
Comments:
Post a Comment