Thursday, January 18, 2007
Back in November, the leasing agent for the mall told me they wouldn't have a space open until 2008--unless a company closed it's doors unexpectedly. I was COMPLETELY bummed. Worse than bummed, the wind was out of my sails, and I really felt like the dream was over. Work became a horrible, repetitive, pointless task... I was feeling bad. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I just KNEW that this store called "Welcome Home" would close, and here he was saying that wasn't happening. The store is just a few doors down from my current workplace, so I gave it the Evil Eye every morning on my way in. I am the all-powerful, mighty Sassy!! The Evil Eye WORKED, the leasing agent emailed me last week to tell me that they had control of a space for me if I wanted it. It's bigger than I wanted, though, so the only way to justify the increased rent is to add soup/sandwiches to the menu. That's more than I planned, so it's taking me quite a bit of work to add all the info/research to my business plan. I still don't have a definite confirmation from the leasing agent that it's a go, since he originally wanted to see my personal financial statements (ha!).
There have been a flurry of emails between me and my dad, who's finishing the business plan for me (hopefully tomorrow, but knowing him, not til next week), and I was still fretting over how to get the 25% of the funds that the SBA Loan requires me to provide on my own. Two days ago I got an email from SCORE, the volunteer group that's helping me with the process of starting my own business. They're holding a loan counseling seminar where funds up to $25k can be available--no financial statements necessary. I just MIGHT be able to get a loan to cover my share! The seminar is Feb. 1, I've made my reservation. Say your prayers, light a candle, send me the good vibes, everything you can think of: I NEED this to happen. NEEEED it to happen!!
All this time, my wheels have been spinning and I was just about to give up hope... now it's really starting to happen. I'm almost afraid to even fantasize about it happening for REAL...
There have been a flurry of emails between me and my dad, who's finishing the business plan for me (hopefully tomorrow, but knowing him, not til next week), and I was still fretting over how to get the 25% of the funds that the SBA Loan requires me to provide on my own. Two days ago I got an email from SCORE, the volunteer group that's helping me with the process of starting my own business. They're holding a loan counseling seminar where funds up to $25k can be available--no financial statements necessary. I just MIGHT be able to get a loan to cover my share! The seminar is Feb. 1, I've made my reservation. Say your prayers, light a candle, send me the good vibes, everything you can think of: I NEED this to happen. NEEEED it to happen!!
All this time, my wheels have been spinning and I was just about to give up hope... now it's really starting to happen. I'm almost afraid to even fantasize about it happening for REAL...
Comments:
Post a Comment