Thursday, February 01, 2007
*whew*! I'm glad that's over! Sign here, initial there, write your name three times on every page, sign again, blah blah blah...
I won't find out if I am approved for the loan until tomorrow. We were supposed to be able to do it online, but their computer system was down. Judging by the guidelines the director gave when explaining the standards, I would say I have a pretty good chance of getting about $10k. That's awesome, of course, but not enough to get the full plan funded as my business plan has set up now. But it's a heck of a long way toward what I need. I'm still nervous about the outcome, but at least I can sleep tonight knowing I've done everything I can and all I can do is wait.
One awesome thing that came out of the meeting--the director asked me offhand if I'd signed the lease yet, and I gave her a brief rundown of the lease proposal, and she laughed a little. "Yeah, he's trying to take every penny you have. Here's what you do..." Turns out she used to be a landlord and knows the whole game. She gave me some pointers on what to ask for to negotiate down to a much more reasonable rate. I'm really happy--see, I figured that even if I didn't get the loan, I might just use the opportunity to meet a few more people who can point me in the right direction. Sure enough, just that brief exchange was enough to make the trip worth it!
I won't find out if I am approved for the loan until tomorrow. We were supposed to be able to do it online, but their computer system was down. Judging by the guidelines the director gave when explaining the standards, I would say I have a pretty good chance of getting about $10k. That's awesome, of course, but not enough to get the full plan funded as my business plan has set up now. But it's a heck of a long way toward what I need. I'm still nervous about the outcome, but at least I can sleep tonight knowing I've done everything I can and all I can do is wait.
One awesome thing that came out of the meeting--the director asked me offhand if I'd signed the lease yet, and I gave her a brief rundown of the lease proposal, and she laughed a little. "Yeah, he's trying to take every penny you have. Here's what you do..." Turns out she used to be a landlord and knows the whole game. She gave me some pointers on what to ask for to negotiate down to a much more reasonable rate. I'm really happy--see, I figured that even if I didn't get the loan, I might just use the opportunity to meet a few more people who can point me in the right direction. Sure enough, just that brief exchange was enough to make the trip worth it!
Comments:
Post a Comment