<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Just a brief update: I had a meeting with a new landlord on Friday. It went well, they're looking over my business plan, and will let me know on Monday (tomorrow!) if they want go ahead and sign a letter of intent to reserve the space for me. It's not in the mall, which is disappointing, but it's close enough to it to get a tremendous amount of business from them, even if Starbucks DOES move into the area, they won't (can't) be closer than me, and in fact will be in walking distance of at least 3 hotels. They told me that they had been looking for a coffee/dessert kind of place for that space, so I have a good feeling about it.

So good, in fact, that I have re-focused my worry on getting the loan. I may have to max out a couple of credit cards to have the right amount of cash in the business account to qualify for the loan, and what if that tanks my credit score too far? Or what if SBA loans are drying up because of the recent market roller coaster and the mortgage crashing going on? Banks are getting skittish!

Can I go a whole day without worrying?
Probably not.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?