Sunday, August 17, 2008
WTF? I woke up yesterday with my back aching. Heating pads and ibuprofen didn't help. I could stand only if I didn't straighten up all the way. Lovely. I hoped it'd go away as quickly as it came on, but naturally that's not the case. This morning it's even worse, it hurts to sit, stand, turn, reach, walk, breathe...
So naturally I have to take my elderly ass to the doctor. But guess what? That insurance I was promised after 90 days? Well, 90 days was 21 days ago and I still don't have insurance. Yet another reason to recognize that I can't trust a word my bosses tell me. And I'm going to have to call Patty today to explain why I can't work tomorrow and to give her hell about my lack of insurance. They've been so unsympathetic about other employees I doubt I'll get much in the way of understanding or support.
This has been such a big part of my issue with the way they want me to work. I am not physically made to stand on my feet for 9 hours without taking a few minutes to sit down once in a while. That's why I was in the habit of getting on the computer for a few minutes every hour hor two. That way I was still working and giving my back the rest it needs at the same time. They don't give a crap. And every day after I came home this past week working their shitty crap duties just to soothe the baby's feelings about their own jobs, I would hurt just a little more. They don't give a shit. I figured eventually I would have to quit just to save my health if they seriously expected that sort of schedule out of me. I just didn't expect it to be this fast.
I'll go to the doctor, and I'm sure he'll write me a note saying to stay off my feet for a few days, and to limit my time on my feet, etc. and I am 100% certain that it'll be treated like I'm a weak little baby who just did this to get back at them for the tiff we're having over my work schedule.
For the record, in case you didn't know, I have fused vertibrae in both my lower back and in my neck. They cause a tremendous amount of pain if I abuse myself in this way, and I should have known that this would happen.
So naturally I have to take my elderly ass to the doctor. But guess what? That insurance I was promised after 90 days? Well, 90 days was 21 days ago and I still don't have insurance. Yet another reason to recognize that I can't trust a word my bosses tell me. And I'm going to have to call Patty today to explain why I can't work tomorrow and to give her hell about my lack of insurance. They've been so unsympathetic about other employees I doubt I'll get much in the way of understanding or support.
This has been such a big part of my issue with the way they want me to work. I am not physically made to stand on my feet for 9 hours without taking a few minutes to sit down once in a while. That's why I was in the habit of getting on the computer for a few minutes every hour hor two. That way I was still working and giving my back the rest it needs at the same time. They don't give a crap. And every day after I came home this past week working their shitty crap duties just to soothe the baby's feelings about their own jobs, I would hurt just a little more. They don't give a shit. I figured eventually I would have to quit just to save my health if they seriously expected that sort of schedule out of me. I just didn't expect it to be this fast.
I'll go to the doctor, and I'm sure he'll write me a note saying to stay off my feet for a few days, and to limit my time on my feet, etc. and I am 100% certain that it'll be treated like I'm a weak little baby who just did this to get back at them for the tiff we're having over my work schedule.
For the record, in case you didn't know, I have fused vertibrae in both my lower back and in my neck. They cause a tremendous amount of pain if I abuse myself in this way, and I should have known that this would happen.
Comments:
Post a Comment