<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Oh my FRIKKIN GAWD, I'm bored. Not "Sigh, there's nothing on TV." bored, I am "I wonder how many strands of hair came out when I brushed it this morning. How much does a hair weigh?" bored. I'm "I've felt and identified every bump on my scalp." bored.

Being unemployed doesn't suit me. Granted, I spent this week being pretty lazy. Sure, I spent hours and hours job hunting and researching the scant possibilities of getting my business funded. I cooked actual meals for my family every night, and I kept up (for about the first time ever) with all the dishes every day. All in all, still pretty lazy. And now that I've seen just about every job listing posted in the last 30 days for the better part of this entire state and even part of a neighboring state, there is even less for me to do on a daily basis.

So tomorrow begins a new week. I'm turning over a new leaf... now's the time I get to get all that crap done that I had been putting off because I never had time. First of all, I will haul my big wide ass to the gym every morning. No more lying around til 10 or 11am feeling sorry for myself. I can feel sorry for myself on a treadmill. I will also spend some time actually planning meals instead of walking into the store and thinking, "Hmm, tacos sound good. And fish one night..." And lastly, I will tackle at least one cleaning chore every day. I don't mean the daily tidying/scrubbing/wiping stuff, I mean the "That desk is an absolute nightmare and I'll bet half of it is garbage."

It looks like I'll be getting unemployment--great news, for certain. Unfortunately, they are basing my unemployment on my old part time retail job. That means I'll be getting about half of what I would be getting if they used my kitchen job's salary as a base. Screw that. The piddly amount I'm getting is downright scary. I hope I'm not unemployed long or my credit is about to go into the toilet.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?