Friday, September 19, 2008
OK, I can't resist one more rant about work. I need to rant. More fucking DRAMA at work. I'm so fucking sick of it.
There are a bunch of catering orders next week ($22,600 worth), so we needed to prep as much as possible, but given the weekend, there's a limited amount of stuff we can do without letting stuff go bad. I digress. One of the things they did ahead was to roast a couple of top rounds to get the roast beef for Monday ready. It needed to be sliced--all 120 lbs of it. It was a good two hours worth of work. And what do you know, but the catering manager and his assistant both left at 12:30 without saying anything to R and I while we were busy serving lunch. And because every other employee left was too close to overtime to stay and help, we had to finish it all ourselves. We were pissed--not just because we got stuck with the work, but because everyone else seems to get awaya with this bullshit but we're stuck cleaning up no matter what. Jim and Patty seemed to think it was perfectly kosher. They seriously think it's OK that R & I are held accountable for everything the catering employees do, but they aren't required to report to us in any way. They screw up, we get our asses chewed. But we can't have the opportunity to tell them to sweep the fucking floor before they leave? Utter bullshit. I want to quit so fucking bad. I'm so fucking desperate for another job, I seriously applied for a job at a Kinko's competitor here in town. I'd go back to my retail job if I could afford it. Hell, I may end up doing it involuntarily if things keep going at this rate. My best hope at this point is to go out in style, complete with cow shit in their computer keyboards and the INS demanding to search their records...
There are a bunch of catering orders next week ($22,600 worth), so we needed to prep as much as possible, but given the weekend, there's a limited amount of stuff we can do without letting stuff go bad. I digress. One of the things they did ahead was to roast a couple of top rounds to get the roast beef for Monday ready. It needed to be sliced--all 120 lbs of it. It was a good two hours worth of work. And what do you know, but the catering manager and his assistant both left at 12:30 without saying anything to R and I while we were busy serving lunch. And because every other employee left was too close to overtime to stay and help, we had to finish it all ourselves. We were pissed--not just because we got stuck with the work, but because everyone else seems to get awaya with this bullshit but we're stuck cleaning up no matter what. Jim and Patty seemed to think it was perfectly kosher. They seriously think it's OK that R & I are held accountable for everything the catering employees do, but they aren't required to report to us in any way. They screw up, we get our asses chewed. But we can't have the opportunity to tell them to sweep the fucking floor before they leave? Utter bullshit. I want to quit so fucking bad. I'm so fucking desperate for another job, I seriously applied for a job at a Kinko's competitor here in town. I'd go back to my retail job if I could afford it. Hell, I may end up doing it involuntarily if things keep going at this rate. My best hope at this point is to go out in style, complete with cow shit in their computer keyboards and the INS demanding to search their records...
Comments:
Post a Comment