Tuesday, September 09, 2008
Well, well, well... (can you tell I'm gloating?)
I just came from a meeting--again--wherein, after other issues had been discussed, the Trainee at My Old Kitchen expressed her extreme frustration with her staff. They're gossipy, crotchety and often times just bitter little bitches. They're all up in arms over the recent labor cuts (what, I really AM clairvoyant??), and even spending their time griping about how Chrystal's hours got cut--yes, the same Chrystal that they griped never did any work. Then she got into it with Marsha because she had Marsha prepping some food for their "big catering job" tomorrow. She told Trainee, "This isn't my job, this is your job!" "But Marsha, honey," she tells her, "You're a cook." "Yeah, but Sassy always did all that stuff. That's your job now."
Bwaaahahahahaha!! I knew that shit would come back and bite someone. Can I point out that this is the same Marsha that bitched nonstop that I "never" did "a lick of work" around there? And now my bosses are hearing from the new trainee that I "always" did this particular task? Hmmm, which one of those statements is true?? If only they'd just recognize the FACT that they need to stop giving little whiny bitches the power to stir shit by running their mouths.
Then there was another meeting earlier in the day: R & I got our asses chewed because some bitchhag called Jim to complain that we weren't ready at exactly 11am. Jeeez, it would help if we had a working CLOCK in the kitchen. Yes, you read that right: we have no effing CLOCK. We have to all go by our cell phone clocks, which are all different. So the last thing on the grill didn't get out until 11:02. That's 10:57 by MY clock, but obviously that's no excuse. So I'm like, "Jim, this is exactly what I was talking about when I said 'I'm not a cook'. I have never had a job where I had to get hot food out at an exact time. This is not a skill I have, I can't just jump in and get it right without guideance, which I haven't had." DUH.
I just came from a meeting--again--wherein, after other issues had been discussed, the Trainee at My Old Kitchen expressed her extreme frustration with her staff. They're gossipy, crotchety and often times just bitter little bitches. They're all up in arms over the recent labor cuts (what, I really AM clairvoyant??), and even spending their time griping about how Chrystal's hours got cut--yes, the same Chrystal that they griped never did any work. Then she got into it with Marsha because she had Marsha prepping some food for their "big catering job" tomorrow. She told Trainee, "This isn't my job, this is your job!" "But Marsha, honey," she tells her, "You're a cook." "Yeah, but Sassy always did all that stuff. That's your job now."
Bwaaahahahahaha!! I knew that shit would come back and bite someone. Can I point out that this is the same Marsha that bitched nonstop that I "never" did "a lick of work" around there? And now my bosses are hearing from the new trainee that I "always" did this particular task? Hmmm, which one of those statements is true?? If only they'd just recognize the FACT that they need to stop giving little whiny bitches the power to stir shit by running their mouths.
Then there was another meeting earlier in the day: R & I got our asses chewed because some bitchhag called Jim to complain that we weren't ready at exactly 11am. Jeeez, it would help if we had a working CLOCK in the kitchen. Yes, you read that right: we have no effing CLOCK. We have to all go by our cell phone clocks, which are all different. So the last thing on the grill didn't get out until 11:02. That's 10:57 by MY clock, but obviously that's no excuse. So I'm like, "Jim, this is exactly what I was talking about when I said 'I'm not a cook'. I have never had a job where I had to get hot food out at an exact time. This is not a skill I have, I can't just jump in and get it right without guideance, which I haven't had." DUH.
Comments:
Post a Comment