Saturday, December 06, 2008
Why is it when I'm feeling depressed and want to withdraw to wallow in it and get it overwith, the world is just bent on heaping more garbage on me? I don't need anyone to break into a "rah-rah Goooo-Sassy" routine, that shit just makes me mad.
I also don't this shit:
A month or so ago, I added an ex boyfriend as a friend on Facebook. I had foolishly believed a brief, impersonal reconnection might give me an opportunity to get some closure, maybe even hear a "Sorry I broke up with you over the phone. I was an asshole." Instead, he only comments occassionally as if we have always been buddies. Whatever. Now he's recently posted that he just finished filming an episode of 30 Rock. Sure, he's "only" an extra, but damn, now he's ruined one of my favorite shows. He's not supposed to get opportunites like that, he's supposed to rot in hell like the brain-dead dog he is.
Or this shit:
I will have to use what's left of my over-extended credit to buy just one thing on each of my kids' Christmas list. This wasn't a problem last year because they spent Christmas at their dad's, so he loaded them down with presents from him and his parents, plus extras from "Santa". I can't do that. It's going to be a very disappointing Christmas for them, then they'll pack off to Dad's and hit the mother lode again. So basically, the only thing I can provide for them is to create memories... you know, decorate the tree, bake cookies, just traditional "moments" that they'll remember later. I had one day off last week. I spent the morning doing a little cleaning, and planned to have them help me set up the tree when they got home. Instead, I spent three solid hours on 5th grade math. By the time she was done, it was dark outside, and all the Christmas decorations were still in the garage, with no lights. I promised them we'd decorate the tree when they got home on Sunday instead. So my mission for today was to move the pile of boxes I made while cleaning into the garage (so we'd have room to set up the Christmas tree), and move all the boxes of Christmas decorations into the house, and set up the tree. After I got up this morning, Rusty asked me about my plans. I told him about the tree set-up plans, but I had to shower first. I had just started to blow dry my hair when he knocked on the door and said he was getting the tree for me. Fabulous. I never had a chance to explain that there were boxes that needed moving around, but I could do that later, so I finished getting ready. I was searching for a pair of socks when H came running in saying her daddy needed my help, there was a problem with a garage. The garage door wouldn't close--now he's super pissed off. Long story short, the garage door opener is broken, and he insisted that the apartment management lock it shut until they can get it fixed. We don't have a key. So now I have a tree, no room to set it up, and nothing to put on it because he didn't get anything else out of the garage before it was locked.
Ah, the warm fuzzy memories this will create for generations to come...
I also don't this shit:
A month or so ago, I added an ex boyfriend as a friend on Facebook. I had foolishly believed a brief, impersonal reconnection might give me an opportunity to get some closure, maybe even hear a "Sorry I broke up with you over the phone. I was an asshole." Instead, he only comments occassionally as if we have always been buddies. Whatever. Now he's recently posted that he just finished filming an episode of 30 Rock. Sure, he's "only" an extra, but damn, now he's ruined one of my favorite shows. He's not supposed to get opportunites like that, he's supposed to rot in hell like the brain-dead dog he is.
Or this shit:
I will have to use what's left of my over-extended credit to buy just one thing on each of my kids' Christmas list. This wasn't a problem last year because they spent Christmas at their dad's, so he loaded them down with presents from him and his parents, plus extras from "Santa". I can't do that. It's going to be a very disappointing Christmas for them, then they'll pack off to Dad's and hit the mother lode again. So basically, the only thing I can provide for them is to create memories... you know, decorate the tree, bake cookies, just traditional "moments" that they'll remember later. I had one day off last week. I spent the morning doing a little cleaning, and planned to have them help me set up the tree when they got home. Instead, I spent three solid hours on 5th grade math. By the time she was done, it was dark outside, and all the Christmas decorations were still in the garage, with no lights. I promised them we'd decorate the tree when they got home on Sunday instead. So my mission for today was to move the pile of boxes I made while cleaning into the garage (so we'd have room to set up the Christmas tree), and move all the boxes of Christmas decorations into the house, and set up the tree. After I got up this morning, Rusty asked me about my plans. I told him about the tree set-up plans, but I had to shower first. I had just started to blow dry my hair when he knocked on the door and said he was getting the tree for me. Fabulous. I never had a chance to explain that there were boxes that needed moving around, but I could do that later, so I finished getting ready. I was searching for a pair of socks when H came running in saying her daddy needed my help, there was a problem with a garage. The garage door wouldn't close--now he's super pissed off. Long story short, the garage door opener is broken, and he insisted that the apartment management lock it shut until they can get it fixed. We don't have a key. So now I have a tree, no room to set it up, and nothing to put on it because he didn't get anything else out of the garage before it was locked.
Ah, the warm fuzzy memories this will create for generations to come...
Comments:
Post a Comment