Tuesday, March 31, 2009
I'm so aggravated about work. Big surprsie, right? It really doesn't come as any surprise to me, either, but still: once again, there's a shipment shift this week and I'm not on it. WTF? A-hole knows I prefer to do shipment. In fact, the shipment supervisor (J) specifically told him that she prefers to have me (and 2 other specific employees) assigned to the shift because she can count on us to do the work fast and accurately. Of course, I think he's out to get her, too, because it seems that the more she requests something, the less likely she is to get it. In fact, this morning, A-hole was working the shipment shift. Why? Who knows. But not only was he "helping out", but he was acting as if he were in charge of it. Granted, he has seniority over J, but he is NOT the shipment supervisor. So in his typical fashion, he spent more time telling other people what to do than he spent working. Can there be anything more aggravating? What's even more aggravating is tomorrow's shimpent shift will be staffed by at least two other employees that J asked not to get stuck with again because they're so slow, AND I'm working a shift in the effing FITTING ROOM.
I swear they're trying to make me quit. I have no idea why--I do my job, and I do it better than at least half the rest of the staff--used to be better, but I'm so burnt out on being treated like crap that it's impossible to muster that kind of energy and enthusiasm anymore. I'm sure it has a little to do with the fact that I'm paid about $1.50 more per hour than what they're hiring now. And they seem to not understand why I'm not willing to completely commit to the company and give them complete open availability and keep taking their BS without complaint.
I swear they're trying to make me quit. I have no idea why--I do my job, and I do it better than at least half the rest of the staff--used to be better, but I'm so burnt out on being treated like crap that it's impossible to muster that kind of energy and enthusiasm anymore. I'm sure it has a little to do with the fact that I'm paid about $1.50 more per hour than what they're hiring now. And they seem to not understand why I'm not willing to completely commit to the company and give them complete open availability and keep taking their BS without complaint.
Comments:
Post a Comment