<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 01, 2009

After DD came home from school, she disappeared into the bathroom, then came back and whispered to me, "Just so you know, I decided to try out one of the pads, so I have one in my panties right now."

Yes, that's my DD for you, no thought whatsoever about the future. "Waste not, live not", that's her motto. [eye roll]

Still, I'm working hard not to laugh out loud.

And a note about living with a 3rd shift worker: last week when I got my new job (yay!), when I came home, Rusty woke up and asked me all about it. He groggily congratulated me, engaged in conversation for about 10 minutes about it, and went back to bed. When he got up at his regular time, after puttering around for a few minutes he said, "Oh, hey, how did your interview go?"

*sigh*

And since then, there have been further questions that show that not a single bit of information I gave him was retained, but now I have no idea which conversation took place while he was sleepwalking and which took place afterward, so I have no idea if I've forgotten to tell him some trivial piece of information that will start an argument later because he thinks I'm hiding something from him... This afternoon, he opted to sleep on the couch "just to be near me". This normally pisses me off, since it pretty much handcuffs me all day to sitting in silence and dreaming of reasons to leave the house, but I really needed to do laundry today anyway, which I can't do if he's in the bedroom sleeping, so it all worked out. However, he received a phone call on his cell this afternoon, and it woke him up. He didn't get to it fast enough to pick up the call, but after he listened to the voicemail, he turned to me and said, "My phone plays 'YMCA'??" I just snickered, "You're welcome. Enjoy." He swears he'll remember it when he wakes up later, and he'll be mad at me, but we'll see about that. I'm hoping it'll ring like that while he's on break at work or standing in line at the store...

Also of note: the kids had just gotten home from school and were in their room cleaning it, when we heard a knock on our neighbor's door (since it is only inches away from ours, this is common). There was a pause, then "C-town Police!" Rusty grunted from the couch, sort of a sleepy "This is going to be interesting" commentary... A few more moments passed, and then, "Open the door or we'll take it down by force!" I'm just glad the kids were busy in the next room and didn't hear it. The door opened and there were no further audible developments. Rusty mentioned that there had been a lot of "activity" there yesterday, but what that means, exactly, I don't know.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?