Saturday, June 06, 2009
And yet more drama yesterday: Rusty and I were sitting here contemplating what to do with the rest of our afternoon, when there was a knock at the door. It's T, the boyfriend of a co-worker/friend of mine, who moved into our apartment complex a few months ago. He asks if he can use the phone. I said sure, and hand it to him, and invite him to come inside while he uses it. I went to use the bathroom while he made his call, since Rusty was there. When I returned, he was finished and standing by the door shaking his head and saying something to the effect that he just couldn't take it anymore, that she needs to live with her parents again. Uh-oh, sounds like they broke up. I hadn't heard anything at work about it, and I hadn't been scheduled with A in several weeks, so I hadn't had a chance to talk to her in quite a while. T left quietly and Rusty just sat there for a second looking thoroughly confused. "He just callled the police."
"What?"
"Yeah, he just called the police and told them his ex-girlfriend was trying to kill herself."
"WHAT?"
Neither of us know exactly where T lives--it's a pretty sprawling complex as far as apartments go, so we have no idea where to start looking. Rusty says he'll go look around, maybe follow the police when they get there, and I go to get my shoes on. When I get them on, I go outside and can't see where Rusty went, either. Should I just wander around looking? What if the police come to my address, since he'd used my phone? What if Adam comes back looking for me and I've gone the wrong way?? So I wait. I start thinking that A's gonna be really embarassed if I show up and insert myself into the scene, but then again, her boyfriend just casually walked *from GOD knows where* to make that call instead of knocking on his neighbor's door??? Rusty returned, saying the police were already there, asking her if she needs help, and she was thoroughly embarassed--there was no suicide threat, she was just trying to pack her stuff and get out of his apartment. She told the police that he'd done it just to try to embarass her.
*sigh* Oh the drama! Who needs it??
Then this morning Rusty wanted to kill some time with H & I. He had been either misinformed or confused with the information he got, though, and the event he thought was happening wasn't. Instead, it was the grand opening for the restaurant that wouldn't hire me earlier this month. Sure, why WOULDN'T I want to go check it out? [eye roll] Naturally, on the way there, we had to walk by the outdoor cafe of the now re-opened restaurant that laid me off 5 years ago, too, and my formerly adored co-worker ignored me completely when I said hello. She as busy, I'm sure she didn't even recognize me, but still, it was a grand parade of fucking fun for me. We wandered around in the crowd for a bit when I realized both Rusty and H were following ME. WTF? I didn't even want to BE there and they're slinking around behind me like I'm in charge. I'm trying really hard not to be moody about this--I've already had a massive allergy attack and the resulting sniffles and headaches are aggravating, but really, what kind of mind game was this? Why would he think I wanted to be THERE? Naturally, on the way home, he had to take the one single route that would put us just about in the parking lot of the damned cafeteria where I was abused last summer. The perils of living in a small town. It's a miracle I don't walk around shooting people.
"What?"
"Yeah, he just called the police and told them his ex-girlfriend was trying to kill herself."
"WHAT?"
Neither of us know exactly where T lives--it's a pretty sprawling complex as far as apartments go, so we have no idea where to start looking. Rusty says he'll go look around, maybe follow the police when they get there, and I go to get my shoes on. When I get them on, I go outside and can't see where Rusty went, either. Should I just wander around looking? What if the police come to my address, since he'd used my phone? What if Adam comes back looking for me and I've gone the wrong way?? So I wait. I start thinking that A's gonna be really embarassed if I show up and insert myself into the scene, but then again, her boyfriend just casually walked *from GOD knows where* to make that call instead of knocking on his neighbor's door??? Rusty returned, saying the police were already there, asking her if she needs help, and she was thoroughly embarassed--there was no suicide threat, she was just trying to pack her stuff and get out of his apartment. She told the police that he'd done it just to try to embarass her.
*sigh* Oh the drama! Who needs it??
Then this morning Rusty wanted to kill some time with H & I. He had been either misinformed or confused with the information he got, though, and the event he thought was happening wasn't. Instead, it was the grand opening for the restaurant that wouldn't hire me earlier this month. Sure, why WOULDN'T I want to go check it out? [eye roll] Naturally, on the way there, we had to walk by the outdoor cafe of the now re-opened restaurant that laid me off 5 years ago, too, and my formerly adored co-worker ignored me completely when I said hello. She as busy, I'm sure she didn't even recognize me, but still, it was a grand parade of fucking fun for me. We wandered around in the crowd for a bit when I realized both Rusty and H were following ME. WTF? I didn't even want to BE there and they're slinking around behind me like I'm in charge. I'm trying really hard not to be moody about this--I've already had a massive allergy attack and the resulting sniffles and headaches are aggravating, but really, what kind of mind game was this? Why would he think I wanted to be THERE? Naturally, on the way home, he had to take the one single route that would put us just about in the parking lot of the damned cafeteria where I was abused last summer. The perils of living in a small town. It's a miracle I don't walk around shooting people.
Comments:
Post a Comment