Sunday, June 28, 2009
One thing I have to get used to when it comes to working in a bank, I have to get used to not telling everyone everything--I get that "Customer Service" thing in me going and I want to do everything I can to help someone. But in a bank, you can't do that--this isn't like at my old job where people's sob stories were just about needing a certain pair of pants or exchanging a sweater. In the bank, the more "stories" I hear, the more jaded I become. On Friday, after a couple of conversations we'd had about it, as I was clocking out, my boss said, "Hey! You went all day without any fraud!" And that was the first time all month. Yesterday we'd only been open an hour before some guy came in wanting to wire money to Nigeria. And there's no telling these people they're getting scammed. They are sure you just don't know enough about "their deal". *sigh*
And another thing that takes some getting used to: seeing everybody's personal business. Yesterday a girl called and said the automated phone service had reported that she had 3 items pending and wanted to know what they were. I looked it up and read it to her: "Well there's x.xx at The Dive [a bar down the street from me], then there's $xx.xx at Pop's [the liquor store across the street from the bar], and then $xx.xx at the Shell station." I'm not ALLOWED to ask her if she did all that in that order, but it had me wondering all day.
And another thing that takes some getting used to: seeing everybody's personal business. Yesterday a girl called and said the automated phone service had reported that she had 3 items pending and wanted to know what they were. I looked it up and read it to her: "Well there's x.xx at The Dive [a bar down the street from me], then there's $xx.xx at Pop's [the liquor store across the street from the bar], and then $xx.xx at the Shell station." I'm not ALLOWED to ask her if she did all that in that order, but it had me wondering all day.
Comments:
Post a Comment